Chapter Five - Apologies

May 2nd...

Considering that it had been a couple of months since the whole HYDRA situation, Natasha and Steve had decided to move into the tower for the safety of their team and themselves.

So the tower was the first place that Adrienne would look for the redhead.

Adrienne sighed as they pressed one of the buttons of the elevator, leaning against the elevator wall, watching as the numbers went up.

"Finally," They mumbled as the elevator stopped after a couple of minutes of moving.

The tower was abnormally tall, after all.

They walked out of the elevator, spotting boxes on boxes in the room.

They hummed, turning to their left and walking down the long hallway, taking everything in.

Once they turned a corner, they bumped into a redhead, but not the one that they were looking for.

"Oh, Jesus," The woman said, putting her hand on her chest.

"I apologize for scaring you... I'm looking for Natasha," Adrienne said, concerned for the woman, seeing as they could almost hear her heartbeat.

"Well, I can't give that information out if you don't tell me who you are," The ginger made clear, puffing out her chest.

"I'm Adrienne," They held their hand out, "Natasha and Steve know me... I'm a friend."

The woman looked down to their hand and back up to them. "JARVIS, bring Steve here, please."

"On it, Ms. Potts," An AI spoke from nowhere specific.

"Pepper, is everything...?" Steve said, walking to the woman now known as Pepper, with a confused look on his face, "Oh... Adrienne. Is everything alright?"

"I wanted to talk to Natasha," They said, focusing their attention onto the blond soldier.

"I can bring you to her," Steve said, his eyesight casting down to Pepper, "Don't worry, I got them, Pepper," The man made clear and Pepper nodded, walking off, still glancing at Adrienne with caution.

"Come on," Steve said, walking back the way that Adrienne came from, and walking into the elevator.

"She's a floor above us," He said, pressing a button as Adrienne got on, keeping a fair distance away from the soldier.

"Thanks," They spoke up after a while.

"Don't mention it," Steve responded.

The two were now engulfed in an awkward silence, both breathing out a sigh of relief in unison at the sound of the ding.

Steve got off first and Adrienne followed him.

The Avenger continued to walk until he stopped in front of an ajar door.

"She's in here," He said gently, "But be careful, she's been a bit grouchy today... don't tell her I said that."

"I won't," They responded with a grin, "Thanks for the heads-up," They thanked the man, and he nodded in response with a tight-lipped smile on his lips, walking away, most likely back to his own room.

Adrienne glanced at the floor after they watched the man walk away before knocking.

"Who is it?"

"It's me."

"'Me' could be anyone. Be specific."

"Well, you saw me yesterday, so..."

They heard the sound of rapid footsteps and the door opening fully.