two 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

AT BREAKFAST I saw the Sully kids again.

They were still very shy and didn't know where to sit, so Tsiyera showed them and sat down next to the younger brother. I could see on the boys face that he had a crush on my best friend. He tried to avoid her eyes and blushed whenever they spoke to each other. I thought it was cute.

I sat next to my brother, with fruits in my hands. Lekxyo is my older brother. He is 19 and is a great hunter. The clan loves him, and my parents are very proud of him, and so am I.

I watched Tsiyera and the Sully kids, how they talked to each other while eating.

"Why don't you sit with them?", my brother asked me. I looked up to him.

"Should I? I mean, they don't really know me," I answered him. Another thing about my brother is that I tell him everything, well, almost everything. He is a great role model to me and always knows how to comfort me.

"I mean, they need friends, right?", he said. "Go to them. I'm sure they'll like you," he gave me a reassuring smile.

So I got up and went to where Tsireya sat.

They all looked up to me.

"Hi," I said to them.

Tsireya looked up and a wide smile appeared on her face when she saw me.

"Oh, you guys haven't properly met her yet. Everybody, this is Aylikhi, my best friend!", she introduced me to the others.

I just smiled, not really knowing what to do.

"Hi," the younger brother said to me and gave me a nod. "I'm Lo'ak", he introduced himself. I remembered him from yesterday, he had 5 fingers.

"Hi, my name is Tuk!", the youngest said. I already knew her name but still gave her the biggest smile. "Hello Tuk,".

The other girl, who was probably around my age, was quiet. Lo'ak nudged her shoulder and she looked up.

"Kiri," she mumbled.

"Hello," I said to her, but she looked down again. She was probably just homesick, I told myself.

I looked away, only to catch Neteyams eyes.

"Good morning, Neteyam," I said to him quietly and nodded.

The boy smiled and also nodded and I sat down between him and Kiri. I continued eating my food while Tsireya was telling the family about the reef and everyone, including me, listened to her.

When I saw that Neteyam's bowl was empty, I put some of my fruits in it. He looked at me and I could see confusion in his yellow eyes.

"Try them, they're my favourite," I said to him and watched him while he was trying them.

I could see on his face that he was surprised by the good taste, which caused me to grin.

"Wow, these are delicious, where do you find them?", he asked me when he finished eating.

"Oh, well, the red ones are kind of hard to find, but the yellow ones grow near the reef. Maybe I can show you one day," I answered his questions, and he nodded enthusiastically.