eight 𝐍𝐀'𝐕𝐈 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐂𝐊

IT WAS AN EXTREMELY HOT NIGHT. The stars were shining into my Marui and I could hear birds flying in the air near the reef.

I've been up for hours and couldn't close my eyes. Lekxyo was laying next to me and slept peacefully, and my parents, who were sleeping on the other side of the Marui, were letting out quiet snores.

Eventually, I got up, knowing that I just couldn't sleep right now for some reason. As I wandered through the village quietly I admired the beautiful night sky.

On some days I really couldn't belive that I was given the chance to experience something so incredible called life. I get to see beautiful sunrises and sunsets almost every day, see the breathtaking natures of the wide ocean, have these amazing friends and a great family who make me happy every day. And all of that because of Eywa. Happiness really was simple if you really thought about it.

Life was a gift and I had to appreciate it with every second of my life.

I walked on the sand as I suddenly heard steps from afar. Who could possibly be up right now beside me? I quickly took the knife I always had in the belt on my waist into my hand.

I looked around me, everything seemed fine and normal. But then I realised someone walking on a path near some Marui pods. I quietly got nearer to them and got behind one of the palm trees to hide my body.

The person was clearly a male. He had broad shoulders and a more tiny waist. I tried to look closer to find out who it was. As I got a but closer I realised that he had darker skin and white freckles covering his body.

Neteyam.

It couldn't be Toruk Makto, neither Lo'ak. It had to be Neteyam, since his body wasn't as muscular as his father's.

What was he doing here? It was so late!

I tried to get nearer and now only stood around 10 meters away from him, hiding behind another palm tree. He couldn't see me, since he stood with his back to my side.

For a moment Neteyam just looked out to the ocean in front of him. All you could hear was the gentle waves from the sea.

Then Neteyam called for an ilu. I furrowed my brows, wondering why he called an ilu at night, when he was all alone and should sleep. You should sleep too!

I wanted to go back to my Marui and leave Neteyam alone. He was a good swimmer and could ride the ilus pretty good by now. I should leave him alone.
I walked back slowly, trying not to make a single noise.

I turned around one last time. Neteyam was feeding the ilu and the ilu splashed him with water in return. Neteyam's laugh filled my ears and a smile that I didn't notice made its way to my lips.

But before I could enter my Marui, I saw a dark shadow creeping over the sand. Another person.

He was walking fast, right into Neteyams direction. Neteyam was still sitting there, feeding and petting the ilu, the other Na'vi was almost approaching him. Who was this?

I got nearer fast, still walking without making any noise.

The figure was now very close to Neteyam and before I approached them, they pushed him into the water and jumped into it after a moment.

My eyes widened in shock. Did they want to drown him? I quickly jumped into the water, immediately looking for Neteyam and the other Na'vi. I panicked when I didn't see them, but after a few seconds I could see two persons moving with fast movements in the water, around 50 meters away.