eleven 𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍

EVERYTHING STOPPED for a moment. My movements. My breathing. It was quiet.

"What?", I asked the smirking boy in front of me with a blank voice. Maybe I just haven't heard him right.

"I said that if you go and tell Tonowari, I will go and tell the village that Neteyam and you have been a bit too friendly with each other recently," Meakat said and I looked at him in disbelief. I knew that he was mean, but not that he was this cruel.

I blinked a few times before words could leave my mouth again. "But that's a lie!", I said to him in shock.

But the boy only chuckled. "Is it? Well, around 5 days ago I saw the two of you leaving to the roots, all alone. I wonder what you were doing," he said with a shit-eating grin of his face.

"What are you talking about? We were searching for food, Meakat! I was teaching him our ways!", I exclaimed. Why was he doing this?

Meakat raised his left brow. "How do I know that you are speaking the truth? Besides that, everybody knows that there's something going on between the two of you, it's obvious.", he spoke and I was getting frustrated.

I knew that he would tell Tonowari these lies if I told him about Meakat's attempt to kill Neteyam last night. But I have to tell him! Meakat has to get punished for his careless actions. But I can't! The whole village would think that me and Neteyam are a thing, or worse, even mated already! It wouldn't only be bad for my reputation, but for Neteyam's too! And he doesn't even know that I know about last night!

I looked Meakat. He disgusted me. His whole personality was a shame to our village.

"Fine," I said. Meakat's grin immediately went wider. "I won't tell Tonowari. But you have to promise me that you won't tell a soul the lies about me and Neteyam. If you do, I will go to the Olo'eyktan and the Tsahik in a heartbeat. The same goes for if you do it again.", I said.

He nodded, "I promise", he said and left to go back to the ceremony. Now I was alone in the dark forest.

I felt anger inside of me. It was all so unfair, and I couldn't believe that I let him get away with this. I let out a few breaths. What I did felt extremely wrong.

I couldn't just go back to the celebration and pretend like nothing happened. So I went to the beach instead. No one was here and I could enjoy the silence in peace. From here you could see the beautiful sunset, which caused my soul to calm down.

There's nothing quite like watching the sun paint the sky shades of purple and pink as it kisses the ocean goodnight.

I heard steps in the warm sand behind me and turned around.

"Neteyam," I said softly and my eyes went to his face. He smiled. The muscular boy sat down next to me.

"Aylikhi," he said, his voice calm and gentle. "I think we have to talk."

The smile on my face dropped. Does he know? Did Meakat tell him? "Can we talk?", Neteyam asked me reassuring.

I nodded and put a smile on my lips, "Sure," I whispered, afraid of what was coming next.

"I've noticed that you have avoided me over the past few days. And I, I-", he started and in that moment my blue eyes met his yellow ones once again.

When no answer left my mouth, he spoke up again. "I have spend these days in complete agony. Unable to talk to you, unable to spend time alone with you, because I knew you wanted nothing to do with me.", Neteyam said, sadness in his ethereal eyes.

"And I just don't understand! Did I do something to upset you? Is there a reason for your behavior?", he continued and I couldn't stand it any longer.

"No, of course you didn't do anything wrong! I was being so selfish and, and-", I said, not knowing how to tell him the real reason why I ignored him all along.

"Then why did you it?", Neteyam asked me and put his hand in mine.

I looked at his hand for a moment before forming any words, "I didn't want anyone to get a wrong idea.", I spoke on honesty. He furrowed and looked confused.

"What do you mean?", he asked and my eyed went up to his again. I swallowed.

"People thought we were together, Neteyam. They thought we were a couple," I finally said and waited for the reaction on his face.

He raised his brows a bit, and his mouth slightly opened. He let out a quiet "Oh".

"Yes, oh," I repeated and we both looked out to the sea in front of us. It seemed like none of us knew what to say know.

After a few minutes of silence Neteyam opened his mouth again. "Does that mean that we won't spend time together ever again?", he asked me with a scent of sadness in his voice.

I thought for a moment before answering. "No, of course not. We-, we can spend time together! We just have to be careful," I explained.

I could see from the side that Neteyam started to grin. "Good, because I really started to miss you," he said and suddenly I felt a weird feeling in my stomach. What the fuck?

I turned my head and gave him a smile of honesty, which he returned. "I missed you too," I said to him and I swear, I saw a blush on his cheeks.

I looked behind me and could hear the other people of the village loudly talking and laughing as they celebrated with music. "We should go back," I said and Neteyam agreed with a short nod.

We stood up and walked through the dark forest together. Our bodies were near to each other, and I could smell his good scent from here. Suddenly I felt something on my hand. His hand. It accidentally brushed mine. My cheeks got hotter and I felt the funny feeling in my stomach again.

-

hi guyssss,
sza concert was SICK, i wanna go againnnnn!!!!!!!!

avatar is on disney now, i think it will help me alot with writing this book, because then i have more ideas and there will be more scenes that actually happened in the movie. btw yes, this is kind of a slow burn, but there will be more action between neteyam and aylikhi soon.

and omg thank u so so much for 200 reads🩷🩷🩷
love u guys, don't forget to vote 🫶🏼🫶🏼