eightteen 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

MY EYES WERE SHINING BRIGHTLY as I walked down the beach with Neteyam's hand in mine.

Three days have passed since me and Neteyam confessed our feelings for each other, and I've never been happier before.

Neteyam truly made me the happiest person walking on Pandora. By now, I was sure that my parents or at least Tsireya noticed it because mainly my conversation topics were about the boy.

We approached the water. Neteyam sat down, and I followed his actions. His hand was still in mine. His hands were always warm. He kept me in the warmth of his love.

I've never been touchy with anyone before. I used to hate it when someone touched my hair or my body. But with Neteyam, I love it.

My head was lying on his lap, and his hands were in my hair. It was calming.

"I want you to meet my parents. Or at least my mother," Neteyam suddenly said, and I put my head up to look into his eyes.

"When? Now?", I asked him. I was a bit overwhelmed because I didn't really want anyone to know about my and Neteyam's connection. But on the other hand, I would love to meet his mother. I actually never spoke to her.

"Whenever you want," he replied, and I thought for a moment. I wanted him to meet my parents too, but they would ask him so many questions and would ask me so many questions too. Isn't he a Sully? What about Ao'nung? I could hear their questions from here.

But his mom was probably different. "I could sit with you guys this evening at dinner," I suggested, and Neteyam nodded.

"Yeah, I could arrange that," he said, and I let out a smile. I was happy to meet his mother. I'm sure she's a nice woman.

"Why are you always smiling?", Neteyam asked me and grinned. My smile grew wider. "What, am I not aloud to smile?", I asked him and put my chin on my hands.

"You're always happy!", he said and I let out a laugh. "Well, yeah, I'm happy!", I said to him, and he smiled now, too.

"Yeah, I'm happy too", he said and put his hand on my leg. My cheeks went hotter. I wasn't really used to all this physical touch.

I haven't really told anyone besides Tsireya. She was very, very happy for me. I think she was even more excited than me. Maybe I should tell Roxto too, I know that he wouldn't tell a soul, not even Ao'nung. I wanna tell Lekxyo, too, but im not sure what his reaction would be like. Not because Neteyam is not originally from here, but I think he wouldn't really like the idea of me loving someone.

I don't really know what me and Neteyam are yet. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend, and I haven't asked him to be my boyfriend. I think I'm a bit too shy to ask him, so I really, really hope he will ask me soon. Otherwise I don't know where this all will lead to.

-

Sooner than I expected, the evening came. Which meant that I would meet Neteyam's mother.

I didn't like to admit it, but I was nervous about it than I thought. Usually I'm not someone who overthinks situation, but right now, a thousand thoughts ran through my head.

What if she doesn't like me? What if I will act cringe or what if there are akward silences? What do I say then? Please, pleaaasee don't let it be akward.

I turned to Tsireya once again. "Do I look alright?", I asked her and she rolled her eyes and put her hands on her eyes.

"Aylikhi, I've told you one million times now! You look perfect!", she said. I sighed. "Really?".

She nodded and got nearer to me. "Yes. You always look perfect, Aylikhi! I don't know why you don't see it," she said and I smiled. Whenever someone complimented me, I got kind of shy. But I was so grateful for that comment, because it really made me feel better.

I sighed and looked at my best friend. "Alright, wish me luck", I said to her, and she chuckled.

"Everything will go well, trust me", Tsireya said. Hopefully.

-

NETEYAM POV:

When I arrived where usually most people eat dinner, I looked out for Aylikhi. It was later than usual because me and Neteyam didn't want that many people to see. Only a few villagers were here dining.

"So, where is this girl", my mother asked. She was standing next to me. This morning I told her that there is this girl. I don't even know what I and Aylikhi are. We're not boyfriend and girlfriend. But we obviously like each other. I wanna ask her soon if she wants to be my girl.

Mom was at first a bit confused. I think she didn't expect me to find someone so soon here. And I never spoke about Aylikhi at home with my parents.

"I'm looking for her", I said to her and focused. There she was. She waved to out direction with a grin on her face. She looked kind of nervous.

"There she is, Mom", I said to my mother and pointed to Aylikhi.

We got to her and I checked her out. She looked absolutely beautiful. She always does, but tonight specifically. Her hair wasn't braided, so her long waves were falling down her back. She had a red flower in her hair and wore a top made of seashells. She really was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

"Good evening", she said, looking to my mother, who observed her.

My mother nodded. "Good evening. So, you are Aylikhi", my mother said and looked the girl into the eyes.

"Yes I am", Aylikhi answered and smiled. My mother returned the smile. I was relieved. Mom seemed to like her.
Well, at least I hope so.

"Would you like to sit down. I prepared a meal for us", Aylikhi asked us.

The evening went on extremely well. Mom and Aylikhi spike about several topics and seemed to really get along. They laughed and agreed on a lot of things. I just said one or two sentences, not more. I sat there, eating and listening to their conversations.

Dinner slowly ended and when we stood up and said goodbye to each other, my mother gave Aylikhi a hug.

"It was so nice to meet you, Aylikhi", she said with a smile. Aylikhi returned the smile. "Thank you! It was so nice to meet you too", she replied and looked at me. I hugged her too.

Me and my mother went back to our ilu slowly. "She is a very nice girl", Mom said and I grinned.

"Told you."

-

Hi guysss

This chapter took me longer than expected 😮‍💨. But I'm so busy right nowww.

I have to work sooo long and meet up with friends every day, so I don't have any time for this. Next chapter will be hopefully released tomorrow, but I haven't even started to write it. But I will this night! And I will finish it, I promiseee

Anyway, hope yall missed me and thank you for the reads

Don't forget to vote if u enjoyed the chapter