fiveteen 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

AT FIRST I didn't really belive Neteyam's words when he told me that he actually liked Na'la. I mean, I kind of knew it because I saw them together, but my mind wouldn't actually let me think about the fact that the two had a crush on each other.

I don't even know why, but somehow, my heart hurts when I just think about them. And I don't really get it. Neteyam and me spent every day together, talking, laughing, and now he's with Na'la?

Yes, Na'la is probably a great girl who is perfect in every way. And Neteyam is probably very happy with her, but I don't want him to be happier than he was with me.

I was making Tsireya's birthday gift, a crown out of flowers, as I sat on a rock in the water. It was a colder evening and no one was really out anymore, only a few men laughing on the beach.

But suddenly I heard steps behind me.
Neteyam? I quickly turned around, hoping that the boy would come here to tell me that this was all a misunderstanding. But when I turned around, there was my brother. Lekxyo was standing there with a dagger in his hand, which meant that he probably returned from hunting.

"Oh, hey Lekxyo", I greeted him, trying not to sound disappointed. But I immediately saw that he noticed my sadness. He just knows me too well.

"What is it?", he asked me and furrowed his brows. I looked over to him and let out a sigh. How do I tell him this?

"It's just-", I started and let out another sigh. I mean, I don't even understand myself right now. How am I supposed to explain everything my older brother. "It's unimportant," I ended up saying.

But Lekxyo shook his head and chuckled, "I don't think it's that unimportant. I can see it in your eyes. You are sad. And I'd like to know the reason for your sadness. Two days ago you were the happiest girl on the island," he said to me and I gave him a smile, thinking about the days before yesterday.

I closed my eyes and started; "Have you ever been sad to see someone you like happy?", I asked my brother.

His eyes were on the ocean and he seemed to think. "Well, not really," he said and I nodded. Of course he hasn't. This shit only happens to me. "Why? Do you feel this way towards someone?", he then asked me.

Now my eyes went to the sea too. I put my hands on my chin. "Well, there's a person I spent time with a lot, and now they have found someone new. And I am just afraid that they will replace me, you know?", I tried to explain. Lekxyo nodded slowly.

"Okay, and does he know about your feelings towards the situation?", he asked me and I shook my head.

"No, I didn't say a word," I confessed, "It's just, I don't wanna make him uncomfortable or make him feel weird when he's with me."

Lekxyo nodded, "Yes, I understand. But you have to listen to your heart, Aylikhi. What do you want? Do you want to lose this person or do you want to keep him beside you?", he asked me and put his hand on my left shoulder.

I thought. I wanted keep him beside me. Of course, I wanted that. I don't know Neteyam for that long, two months maybe, but he has a soft spot in my heart already.

"I don't wanna lose him. But it would be wrong to be possessive about him," I explained. He likes someone else, I told myself. It would be selfish to want him all for myself when he had someone on his mind.

Lekxyo slowly got up, at first I didn't even notice it. "In the end you have to decide for yourself. But I'm giving you this advice: Don't let him go just yet," he said and I was a bit confused. Did he know who I talked about?

I slowly got up too and now stood in front of my older brother, who was way taller than me. I wrapped my arms around him and he hugged me back. I missed this feeling. Hugging my brother always felt familiar and comfortable.

When the hug ended, he looked at me and smiled, "You are growing up too fast!", he said and I laughed.

"I know Mom", I answered and giggled.

-

It was dinner time and today, the whole village ate together. On some days in the week this is happening to grow even more together as a community.

I was sitting with Rotxo, his family and Lekxyo. Tonowari and Ronal were both standing in the middle of this place, looking like they wanted to say something. Or at least Tonowari looked like it.

He cleared his throat, and all eyes went to him and the crowd was immediately quiet. "It is so nice to see all these happy faces tonight. I would like to appreciate and congratulate the Sully Family tonight.", Tonowari started and all eyes now went to the Family. Lo'ak was scratching the back of his neck nervously and Tuk waved at a few people as they all looked at them.

My eyes went to Neteyam. There he was, shyly smiling, not really knowing what to do. A smile made its way to my lips without me even noticing it.

"They have shown respect and interest towards our culture and I am more than happy to see their progress. Jake Sully, you can be proud of your family. You all are truly a blessing to the metkayina," Tonowari continued and by the end, everyone was clapping and shouting to show their respect towards the family.

Everyone was applauding except for me.

As the crowd grew louder and louder my eyes stayed on Neteyam. And they wouldn't leave him. I watched him, his beautiful face looking around proudly, his braids swinging around, his muscular arms and the huge grin on his face.

The world went quiet for a minute. Now everything made sense.

I got up, everyone around me focusing on the Sully Family and Tonowari's next words. "Excuse me," I said to Roxto, who was sitting next to me.

I walked over the beach with fast steps. I wanted to reach the roots.

My mind was on Neteyam. All the confusing thoughts that I had thought about before suddenly made sense. The way I felt suddenly made sense.

How was I supposed to let Neteyam go, when the only time I was really haply was when I was with him. Of course I didn't want to see him with anyone else. It all had a reason.

I didn't want to see him with anyone else, only with myself.

Slowly I realised this.

I had fallen in love with Neteyam Sully.

-

Suprisssssseeeee babes

Im so happy that Aylikhi is finally realizing her feelings and stuff, let's hope that neteyam will soon too.

I just wanna make clear that the German book I mentioned in the end of the last chapter will be published in maybe a year or so, so yall kind of have to wait for it

And btw, I just heard that avatar 3 will be released in 2025?!?!?!?!? I'm mad

Anyway, don't forget to vote and comment

Love u allll🩷🩷🩷

𝐄𝐂𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐘 | neteyamOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara