nine 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

NETEYAM POV:

EVERYTHING WAS STRANGE after last night. I mean, I don't remember much, but what I can remember is how a Metkayina boy pushed my body into the dark sea for no reason.

I remember the fear I felt as he pushed me deeper and deeper into the endless ocean. I remember the silence in the deep water. My eyes were slowly closing and it felt like everything slowly came to an end.

However the next thing I remember was how I opened my eyes again. I wasn't surrounded by water anymore. No, I was lying on the warm sand. The stars were shining brightly above me and a cold breeze overcame my wet body.

But no one was there. Not a single soul. How was I still alive? Was I washed ashore by the waves? Or did someone save me?

No matter how much I try to think about anything, I can't remember if someone got my body here, on the sandy beach.

I only told Lo'ak about what happened yet. He told me to take revenge on the person who tried to drown me.
It was a male for sure, since the person was as big as me and very strong. He was metkayina, yes, but I couldn't tell who he was. One of Ao'nung's friends? Or was he a complete stranger?

But since I didn't know who he was, I couldn't take revenge on him.

In the midday sun, I saw Aylikhi again. She was speaking to her brother, and she seemed to argue with him. Her brows furrowed, and her eyes squinted. Even in an angry state she looked beautiful. Her dark braids fell over her shoulder, and her blue eyes, that were filled with fury, were glowing.

Of course, I noticed that she was ignoring me for some time now. I just couldn't understand why! Did I say a wrong thing? Did I look at her in a weird way? I missed our conversations, the way she spoke, so gentle and kind. I missed, looking into her eyes, and I missed the evenings on the beach.

Aylikhi was now leaving her brother, not looking at him for another time. It seemed that they really did have a fight about something, and I've never seen the two fight before.

She made her way to the Marui Pod's, slowly turning her head to look at the beach. Then she left.

My eyes wouldn't leave the spot she just stood on. I should just talk to her! I made my steps to her Marui Pod, but then-

"Hey, Neteyam!", a voice interrupted my actions. I turned around to see the face of my youngest sister.

I pressed my lips together and put on a smile on my face as I got to her. "What is it, Tuk?", I asked her. The little girl put her hands on her stomach and sighed dramatically.

"I'm soooo hungry," she complained, which caused me to smile. I was still exhausted from the night. I almost died!
But my sister was hungry, so I needed to get her food!

"Come, I'll know where the best fruits of the whole island grow," I said to my sister and gave her my hand.

"But I'm so tired!", she complained again. Oh Eywa...

"Come on Tuk, we are going to eat something and then you can go to bed, alright?", I asked her and tickled her stomach as she started to laugh and follow me.

-

We arrived at the spot pretty quick since Tuk was very jumpy and made me play all sorts of games on our way.

"Try these. They are the best," I said to her and showed her the yellow fruits in my hand.

"Oh, these are so delicious. How did you find them?", she asked me and rubbed her stomach.

I shrugged, "Aylikhi told me about them a while ago," I said to her and ate a few fruits myself since I grew pretty hungry too, over the day.

"Oh, Aylikhi! She's so nice!", she said excitedly and searched for more yellow fruits.

We spend a while here in silence. Tuk was filling her stomach with the tropical food while I watched her. Our parents were probably wondering where we are.

"Aylikhi is very pretty too, don't you think?", Tuk asked me after a while without looking at me.

I looked out to the ocean in front of us. "Yes, she's very pretty," I said. Now, Tuk's attention was on me. She started grinning.

"Is Aylikhi your girlfriend?", the small girl asked me and covered her mouth with her hands as she let out small laughs.

My eyes widened in shock, "What? No! She's not!", I said a bit louder and quicker than I wanted to. Tuk didn't seem to believe me.

I jumped into the air and let out laughs of excitement. "I knew it! I knew it! She's your girlfriend!", she said loudly.

"Tuk, sit down!", I commanded, but she didn't listen to me. "TUK, LISTEN!", I said louder this time. Now, she focused on me again.

"Aylikhi is not my girlfriend. She's my friend, okay?", I said to her slow and clear, so she would understand everything perfectly.

Tuk furrowed her brows and seemed confused now. "You guys are just friends?", she asked me.

I nodded my head as I looked at her, "Yes, we are very good friends.", I explained.

"Now come, we are going back to the village, the eclipse will happen soon," I said to my sister and took her small hand in mine.

The path wasn't that long, but Tuk was very tired by now. She made small steps only and closed her big yellow eyes here and then.

"Teyam?", she asked me as I picked up her body to carry her the rest of our path.

"Yes?"

"Do you sometimes miss home?"

I stopped for a second. I never really talked about that topic with my family before. Especially not with Tuk.

"Yes, I do miss it. Very often," I said to her with honesty.

Of course I missed the forest. I missed everything about it, the huge trees, the infinite number of beautiful creatures and the mountains. I missed how the world used to feel like. The flights with Lo'ak, exploring the forest with my siblings and Spider and, of course, everyone back there.

"Do you think we will ever see the forest again?", Tuk continued to ask me.

"Yes, of course! Our lifes are long, and the forest is our true home. We have to see it again. And we will!", I said as she nudged her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes.

"Do you promise?", she asked me before falling asleep.

"I promise."

-

HI BITCHESSSS

ong im so excited because im going to sza this weekenddddddddd and i can't wait!!!!

anyway, hope u guys liked the chapter, it's so sad but cuteeee. and don't worry, neteyam and aylikhi will be talking again soon😜

write down your thoughts/ideas

and don't forget to vote!!!!!!