Fighting With Friends Pt 1/823

When Kass arrived down at the beach, she didn't look at Maze, and the only reason Maze new this was because she couldn't stop staring at Kass. No matter how many times she told herself not to, she was stuck in a trance. If it weren't for Bryan, she might have gone on staring for as long as it would take Kass to look at her, talk to her, stand near her.

Instead, Kass stuck around long enough to drop her shit off at their spot before walking off with Willa and Grace's to the diving platforms.

And all Maze could think was, Oh no.

She was fully aware that what she had done was fucked up beyond belief, but now, it seemed, Kass didn't want to talk to her, much less look at her.

"I ruined everything," Maze whispered in horror.

Bryan punched her in the arm. "No you didn't, cut that out."

Maze watched Kass stretch her arms back behind her head as she listened to something Grace's was saying that earned her a punch to the left tit from Willa. Grace cupped her chest and let out an agonized moan.

Maze said, "She didn't even look at me."

"She's only been here for, like, two minutes," Bryan said.

They both straightened the instant Kass turned to face them. Maze's eyes zeroed in on the triangular shape crafted by Kass's impressive lats that carved into the deep-set curve of her hips. Her eyes traveled up to where Kass's eyes failed to rest on her.

Kass pointed out Josie, who pointed a finger to herself in surprise. "Get over here. Grace claims you have a mean backflip."

"I think it's rather friendly," she said, which caused Brielle to snort against her hand. Kass and the lads didn't let up, though, until Josie sighed and pushed herself to her feet. She brushed off her knees and marched down the platform steps.

All the while, Maze waited for Kass to look at her.

She didn't.

"I fucked up," Maze said and thought for the hundredth time that day. From their picnic spot to the water, to the floating dock where she and Bryan were now sitting after having eaten their fill of lunch that afternoon.

"You're starting to get on my nerves," Bryan hummed, threateningly.

Maze fell back onto her elbows, her ankles submerged in the lukewarm lake water. "That makes two of us," she said. "You know, I never used to have this issue. Only one variable has changed."

"It's called being young, dumb, and in love," he teased.

The image of a body warped beneath them, shimmering in the dark skin and pink hair of Amelia emerging from the dark. Bryan jolted, startled, as she erupted with a spray of water as she tossed her hair back and said, "Did you say 'in love'?"

"No—" Bryan started, but Maze said, "Yeah."

They looked at each other. Maze startled at the look of scandalous reproach on Bryan's face, like she had just said the stupidest thing of her entire existence.

Amelia slapped her hands onto the floating dock and hoisted herself up, arms shaking. She flopped onto her side, rolled, and shimmied up. She wriggled the waistband of her bikini bottoms up, snapping out the elastic, as water poured from her hair and onto the wooden boards.

She smiled up at the sun before leaning in and saying, "Who's in love?"

"No one," Bryan said. "Pry and I push you off of the dock."