Chapter 27

When Monday morning came, I was so freaked out I hadn't slept a wink.

I spent all weekend in a love daze, not contemplating once, I'd have to deal with the world today. That meant School, Vic, skanks and fansclubs were happily ignored until last night, an hour after Lucas (AKA my boyfriend) dropped me at home after the best afternoon of my life.

First, I had to answer Vic's messages that I had left on hold. She would need a heads up before she saw me today and I'd need a couple of advices.

I have to admit, all my bravery wore off by telling our family. But I knew I had to face this head on if I meant to give our relationship a serious opportunity.

Lucas is like the sun. He was made to shine, to be admired, to be revered on. Not to be hidden. If I were to insist on keeping our relationship a secret it would hurt his pride deeply.

There were a lot of traits of myself I'd have to adjust to be with a person like Lucas. Being shy and a wallflower was now out of the question. He needed a strong woman who can stand beside him proudly, who's confident enough to stand her ground and show she deserves to be there.

Now that I knew how much I meant to Lucas, and tasted his love, I never wanted to let go.

As I was thinking that, I couldn't help to catch my reflection on the mirror. You didn't need to be in the superficial side to realize I wasn't the kind of beauty you'd imagine would capture Lucas Rossi's heart. But I'd make my best effort that day.

If I was gooing to get into the lion's dent, I'd put my armer on.

It was still early so I had plenty of time to prepare.

After the initial fuss Vic made for being of the last ones to know the news, she focussed on dolling me up. She demanded a video call and made me go through my whole wardrove before choosing my outfit for my first appearance at school as Lucas' official girl.

Of course, what she chose was the last thing I would have chosen for myself, and I felt uncomfortable just thinking about wearing it, but that was exactly the point of asking for Vic's help.

If I were to listen to myself, I'd wear a hoody that would cover half my face and tracksuit pants.

My tightest skinny jeans were her favourite. There was nothing outstanding in them, they were ripped on the knee and a very clear blue color, almost grey... but according to her, my ass looked like a million dollars in it.

Now, the upper part was the problem. According to Vic, better than to look cute or sexy, was stating the claim.

So, she insisted I should wear his jersey.

The team had various choices, but the official one was the navy blue and white one.

Are you sure about this, Vic? I mean, it's not like I've never worn my school team jersey...

"Oh, no, no, no my darling... You didn't get me right. You are not wearing the school team jersey, you are wearing Lucas' jersey. One of his, his size, and with his name across the back. That's how you state your claim on your man, doll!"

"But wouldn't that be too provocative? Those girls will go on a rampage!"

"So what?! The stud is yours! Show off for once, B! And please, change that sport's bra for a nice one with lace. Treat the girls so they're nice and perky. You are gonna be the football team's first lady from now on... Act like it!"

I rolled my eyes at her but did as she said. I changed into a nice black lace set and then I put one of Lucas' old jerseys that Adrien gave me. I looked like a potato sack in it, and my friend
just sighed and covered her eyes, exasperated.