Chapter 1

I covered my ears waiting for the roar, after the violet lightning flash devoured the sky. I couldn't contract myself any more. Mi knees were as tightly bound against my chest as it was physically possible and I couldn't feel my fingers anymore. The skin on my back felt like it was covered in patches full of needles.

The thunder boomed outside, making the ground beneath me shake. But I couldn't hear the rain falling, or the wind blowing between the trees on the garden.

There was only the screaming and the punches in my head. The furniture falling to the floor. The glass crushing against the kitchen wall.

Everything was in my head. I knew that. But even so, it was so hard to breathe So difficult for anything to make sense when the storm brought all those memories back.

I tried taking deep breaths and loosen up my arms, but another roar from the heavens forced me to push my hands over my ears.

Whore! You goddamn fucking whore! Look what you made me do!

In the fog of my thoughts, I barely heard the screen door of the back yard opening and the quick footsteps coming closer. The rain was pouring non-stop and the wind was so strong that the tree branches were lashing against the shed, making me jump at every hit.

The door suddenly open, letting the storm bellow in full volume. It smashed against a shelf, throwing a clay flower pot to the ground. I curled myself even tighter, if that was possible.

Lucas cursed under his breath. I wasn't able to open my eyes, I was paralyzed. The steps resumed once again, slowly closing in on me. His voice whispered my name, but i couldn't answer.

"Its okey... I'm here" -he said, bending down to my height. His huge hand with long and knotty fingers softly placed atop my head, stroking my hair.

A few seconds later I threw my arms around his neck as a demolishing thunder filled the evening air. I buried my face in the crook of his neck and pushed myself so close, the impulse took him out of balance and he fell on his butt with me tangled on him.

At first he was still and quiet, like he was dealing with a small animal he didnt want to scare away. When he was certain I wouldnt run from him, his arms tightened around me and he started to rock us, whispering that everything would be alright, that he was there and wasnt going anywhere that he would never come back...

Neither will she I thought to myself.

The thunder kept booming and the rain seemed to pick up intensity every passing second. Lucas stopped the rocking, but kept his arms tight around me, when he heard the patio door open again and Marie calling his name. A beam of light came through, making the specks of dust in the air sparkle.

"She's here" , he said to the flashlight shinning upon us and without effort, he lifted both of us from the floor, carrying me out.

He ran across the flooded back yard holding me in his arms, with amazing ability. I shouldnt be surprised: he was a damn football player. A very good one, at that.

Marie kept the back door open for us. Dante was holding out a towel, but Lucas shook his head no to it.

"She's soaking wet and freezing. She needs a hot bath", he ordered him

"I'll go get her some dry clothes.." , Marie said.

"I'll turn up the heat in your room", Dante stated while going up the stairs.

Lucas sat on the steps to the upper floor placing me in his lap. My muscles were so numb that it hurt. It would probably take me a while to be able to flex them again and I'd be so contracted and sore I'd have to take Tylenol for days.