Chapter 4

"What's wrong...", I asked Dante getting closer, when I realized he didn't want to talk in front of Vic. For some reason, he was scared shitless of her...

...And he wasnt the only one. Nobody -and let me emphasize the nobody, enough- would mess with Vic.

"He wants to talk to you under the bleachers. He says its 'imperative'. And that if you dont go, hell come get you..."

I closed my mouth shut. I didn't realize I opened it. What ever happened to his majesty to send someone looking for me, with the word imperative in mouth, I had no idea. He went so out of his way these last four years to stay away from me...

But whatever it was, I needed to remind Lucas that I wasn't another one of his toys, to bend to his whims.

"What the hell...", I started to say, but my phone ringed interrupting me.

"I'm serious, Belle. If you are not here in five, I'll come for you. L." The WhatsApp message said, from an unknown number.

I didn't even know he had my number! I knew his friends did, cause they were the ones calling me to pick him up when he was waisted at some party. But I had never, ever, received a message or a call from him.

I started walking immediately, listening Vic's call and then her question to a terrified Dante. Went out of the cafeteria like a mad woman. It wasn't common for me to lose my shit, but lately I was saturated. Grandma was working over time so we could pay the bills, the Caffe manager was being beyond shameless with his stupid seductive little games and Lucas was acting like a complete asshole now. Adrien was gone, school was a hell, I didn't get my Harvard letter and I was PMsing.

Lucas had no idea how much he was pushing his luck.

Campus was almost deserted at this time. Everyone was in the cafeteria. Only the freshman were in their practice, and the Seniors wasting time in the bleachers, making their lives miserable because... well, that's what they do to the first years... building their character, they call it.

For some reason, it wasn't a surprise for them that I was there. Usually, I was practically invisible. Nobody really payed attention to me, and that's exactly how I liked it.

Thomas Arden, Lucas' fullback and best friend, gave me a tight smile when he saw me coming, all fired up. He just made a head nod to show the way.

"Come on, dickheads... Nothing to see here...", he said, urging the whining sweaty teens multitude that was scattered above us.

All of them disappeared at once, running off to bother the freshman.

Lucas' back was facing me, resting against one of the structural columns of the bleachers. His golden blond hair shining in the sun ray that filtered through the seats. A puff of smoke surrounded his head, and the arm he was holding the cigarette in, seemed to be about to explode. He must have been training, that's why his sun-kissed skin was glistening with sweat.

I wanted to scream at him, to throw something at that fucking pretty boy's head of his but as idiotic as I am, I stood there, frozen in place when those hypnotic green orbes pointed at me.

"What took you so long?", he demanded in a low, dangerous growl, squinting his eyes at me through the smoke, standing at all his tall glory. Talking about intimidating...

"What do you want, Lucas? Whats the tantrum of the day?", I asked with boredom, passing my weight from one foot to the other, crossing my arms.

He inhaled another smoke mouthful without moving his sharp eyes from mine. If it wasn't for the almost imperceptible twitch in a muscle at the side of his jaw, I would have thought he didn't listen.