Chapter 3

"Uh oh...Somebody started this year drawing attention to herself"

Victorias voice startled me as she enveloped me in her arms.

"There's approximately thirty five pairs of reflecting eyes drilling into your skull right now"

"Vic, you are not helping", I retorted pushing nervously a lock of hair behind my ear, trying to conjure the Invisibility cloak.

-"Hey, I only call it like I see it. That quarterback's irresistible ass put you on the radar. Maybe this will be your year, hun... Maybe we can ask him to introduce us to some of his teammates", she fantasized peeking at the group over her shoulder. "I tell you, babe... I think Abercrombie manages the tryouts for this school"

We got into our first class exactly when the bell rang. Vic threw her raven black braid over her shoulder and sighed a fourth time. She hated History and the world knew it. After getting our schedule and noticing we only had two classes together this year, her humor went downhill. Mine just crashed and burned.

"I can't believe this... We'll only see each other like, an hour and a half a day! How the hell are we going to stay nsync when you work your ass off every day?", she whined again.

"We can spend the weekends together and all the days I don't have a shift..".

She rolled her eyes at me. To Victoria that wasn't remotely sufficient. If she could, she would live in my house. I was her best and only friend. Like she was mine. She was brutally honest -tactless, some would call it- and the fact she could literally kick your ass if she wanted to, didn't make it easier for her to socialize. Besides, she openly declared to hate people... Like that, in general.

Yeah... She probably wouldnt be Homecoming queen this year either...

"We can try to change some of the classes", I offered, tho I knew there was an infimal chance.

"Hmmm", she absentmindedly retorted.

"What's wrong?", I started following the direction of her stare, only to find a new face. A guy. A hot one.

He had brown hair that was sun kissed, making it lighter in some locks and the prettiest caramel eyes I've ever seen. His face was soft and harmonious, without losing masculinity.

"Who's that?", Vic purred.

"I've never seen him before", I confirmed. He must be new. How did he escape the tragedy of first day introduction?

The guy turned around and looked right to us, like he could feel our eyes on the back of his neck. I averted mine, but Vic held her ground, defying.

"Oh... it's such a shame", she suddenly declared. I just stood there, watching the side of her face, waiting for her to elaborate. But she shook her head and sighed again.

"I think so much sunbathing this summer left severe consequences, besides the tan you like to show off so much", I blurted. She just laughed out loud, drawing attention to us.

The class dragged itself to the end, too slowly, I might add. I didn't have breakfast and I was so hungry and sleepy that I seriously considered skipping the next class to go eat my lunch. I was so set on it that I rummaged through my backpack looking for it, only to realize I left it on Lucas Jeep.

I took advantage of the class change chaos to slip away to the parking lot and get the package. The car was near, in the parcel reserved for athletes.

I was almost by the car when a head, and then a naked girl's torso popped over the headrest. She was only wearing a bra, giggling stupidly, sitting astride on Lucas lap dry humping him, who looked really uninterested.