Chapter 18

I spent the whole weekend with Vic and Asashi. We went to his martial arts show and then on sunday we took him hiking and picnicked on the beach. It was a nice weekend even if my heart wasn't completely at it.

The real torture would start on monday. I was absolutely certain about that. Homecoming week was starting with a loud bang and the first activity was the 'costumes day'.

Of course, Vic and I never participated. It was just a pathetic excuse for girls wearing their underwear to class without getting detention for it.

She came to pick me up in her lousy loud bike, that I could hear from two blocks away. I prepared my stuff listening to it coming closer, thus, calculating the time I'd spend waiting on the sidewalk.

As I closed the door, my eyes cought movement on the Rossi's side. Lucas and Dante were heading towards the Jeep.

"Morning, Belle!" Dante screamed, unaware that his brother and I were in bad terms. "Hurry up, we're running late..."

"Dante, get in the car..." Lucas barked. But the kid kept looking my way with a smile, waiting for me to walk over.

"I- I'm riding with Vic today, D..." I stuttered, watching my best friend pull over by my side. "See you at school."

I jumped behind Victoria, who kept her eyes narrowed in the Rossi's direction, making Dante's face drain out of color.

The sorroundings of the school's building looked like a streeper's club. I don't know why this girls think that costume day is a permission to dress like hookers... Well, even more than on regular days.

Vic and I made our inconspicuous way in, in a sea of spandex, leather, vinyl and lace. There wasn't a boy around whose eyes were in their sockets. You could practically smell the hormones rage.

We were on the way to our classes, walking down the hall when I noticed Lucas laying against his locker wearing a fucking crown on his head. A girl wearing a cat woman leather outfit was eating up his face.

"God, they are such sluts" Vic whisper-shouted while her eyes were starting to turn red. Danger ahead!!

"In this crowd, you need to be a little more specific, V."

"All of them, Damnit! Specially your idiot neighbour!" She screamed in his direction, getting him to open his eyes in the kiss to look directly at us. "Yeah You heard me bitch" She said, her eyes never wavering from his.

Lucas just chuckled and kept doing his thing. Literally.

I don't know why, but my heart sank.

"Hey, B... Your phone is ringing. Don't you hear it?" My best friend asked.

I fished it out of my back pocket and saw it was a video call from Adrien. My mood improved immediately. That's the power of my best friend, for you.

"Hey, A..." I said while Vic waved at the camera.

"Yo! How are my favourite girls doing today?" he asked, making everything around us glow.

"It's costumes day" I answered raising a brow, like that's all the explanation needed. He started laughing.

"Ohhhh... it's that bad, huh?" I turned the camera a little showcasing all the skankiness around.

"Damn! I wish I could go back in time..." he joked. His eyes suddenly growing. "Is that leather and a whip!?"

"Shut up, Adrien!" Vic and I said in unison and all three of us started laughing again.

"Yo! Bro!" Dante came up from behind us and greeted him. "This is crazy!! Girls are wearing lingerie at school, Bro!"