chapter five

the next day, niki woke up when his alarm rang and got ready for the day. he wears the school's uniform, which he hates a lot. when he got out of the house he saw no one.

but, he remembered what the older boy said the other day.

"oh! also!"

"want to walk together tomorrow to school?"

niki sighed. should he wait for him? what if he already went to school?

he bit his down lip, now knowing what to do and right then, a voice was heard. "nikiii!" a shorter boy came running to him and hugged the younger.

he wanted to get sunoo off of him, but it felt so comfortable. his scent was more stronger now and it made him try to move his head, but yet he couldn't. it felt so good and warm, making him want to stay like that forever.
unknowingly, his arms also wrap slowly around the pink haired boy's body and rests his head on sunoo's.

"should we go?" sunoo offered his hand. niki looked at it, but glanced away and started to walk forward with a soft blush on his face.

sunoo smiled and ran after him.

⊹₊ ⋆

"what class do you have now?" asked sunoo once they were in the school.
"korean" the other boy simply answered. sunoo nodded with a pout. "i have math."

"let's meet in the lunch break?" The pink haired boy continued.
niki looked at him. does he really want to sit with him?

he shrugged.

"okay then, see you at lunch!" sunoo waved at him. how can this human be this happy everyday?

as expected, once he entered in the classroom and placed his bag on his chair, the whispers started to be heard by him. he took out his phone and put his headphones on. he must ignore them.

on the other hand, sunoo, on his second day here already made a lot of friends. he was sitting at his bench with some boys and girls surrounding him, all of them staying in benches.

"do you like it here?" yeji asked. sunoo nodded.

"it's a good school!"

"why are you so cute?" lia pinched his cheeks, making sunoo do a slightly hurt face.

"i think that must have hurt." hyunjin said, being amused by sunoo's reaction. "oops, sorry!" lia giggled.
"no, don't worry, it's okay!" sunoo showed a thumbs up.

"do you have any friends here?" jake titled his head. "yup! niki!" sunoo smiled widely.

"niki?" they all asked in unison. "yeah, why are you all.. surprised?" sunoo furrowed his eyebrows looking at their facial expressions.
"didn't you hear?" yeji scratched the back of her neck. sunoo raised an eyebrow, growing more confused and denied with a shake of his head. "rumors say he killed his adoptive family..." hyunjin whispered, making sunoo widen his eyes. was it really true?

the teacher entered the classroom and slowly their focus shifted on what they had to do.

⊹₊ ⋆

the new friends of sunoo's entered in the canteen with him. the pink haired boy's eyes were looking for a person. sadly, he didn't see him. "what do you want to order?" jake asked, going with hyunjin to get theirs and the others order. "tteokbokki, please!" sunoo said and when a person came in the canteen he looked to see who it was. not him.

jake nodded and went to get the food. lia and yeji started to ask how was in suwon and just random things to get to know him more.
but sunoo wasn't really paying attention to them, he was worried for niki. where was he?

"we cameee!" hyunjin exclaimed putting all the food on the table and everyone started to eat. "the food today is more delicious, isn't it?" jake said while munching on a kimbap. yeji nodded. "i agree, it tastes better."

lia laughed. "you two are just hungry, nothing changed."

sunoo wasn't hungry anymore, he didn't eat much, but if he put anything else in his mouth he would explode. "can someone please tell me where the bathroom is?" he asked.

"once you get out from here, go forward, take a right and you're there." hyunjin showed him with his hands.

sunoo nodded. "thank you!" he also smiled and got up. the boy got out of the cafeteria and looked left and right. where can niki be?

he went up the stairs with the hope he could find him. the stairs now stopped at a door. he slowly opened it and peeked around. it was the rooftop. he closed the door behind him and took a breath.

"what are you doing here?" a voice spoke. he was scared for a second, but then realized that he knew who it was and his mood immediately brightened up.

"niki! you didn't come to the canteen..." he pouted, staring at him sadly. the younger chuckled. "why are you so affected by that?" he asked, now staring at him in the eyes. "well, you said we will meet, but you weren't there." sunoo sat beside him.

"i don't like staying there." niki looked at the the annoyingly bright sky. sunoo glanced at the other boy next to him. "why?" he asked feeling curious. niki couldn't tell the reason; it smells too much like blood, and the vampire could not resist. also, he can't eat humans food. well, he practically can, but he can't feel the taste.

"it's just too loud." niki spared a glance at sunoo, making the older laugh. "that's the reason? you can stay with me and my new friends!"

his new friends?

the younger shook his head. sunoo pouted "aw, come on! they're really fun to be around." the pink-haired boy sulked. "i told you i don't want to." niki rolled his eyes. "fine..." sunoo sighed. "then... i am going to stay here with you!"

the younger furrowed his eyebrows.

"why?"

"well... we are friends, aren't we?" sunoo pursed his lips. niki shrugged.

they fell silent, but it wasn't uncomfortable. all they heard was the sound of the wind and birds.

sunoo looked at the younger one beside him. he was really pale. the vampire also looked at him. they made eye contact, and sunoo got flustred by the other boy's eyes who were on him, and a blush appeared on his face. he immediately glanced away.

niki saw the red tint on Sunoo's face and smiled a bit at him. it was a funny sight to look at. "why do you even want to be my friend? why don't you ignore me like the others do?" he suddenly asked, feeling the urge to know why this boy wants to be around him.

sunoo titled his head. "you want me to ignore you?"

"yes, i mean no, but i- i..." niki panicked when he realised he said 'yes'. sunoo chuckled at him. "you're funny."
niki stopped when he heard him giggle, it sounded so cute and could listen to it all day.

sunoo felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and took it. "who is it?" niki asked.

"jake" sunoo put his phone back in his pocket. he noticed niki's face expression change into a scared one.
"how do you know him...?" he got up, taking his bag. "uhm, he's my new friend, i just met him today..."

niki furrowed his eyebrows without looking at him. "my classes are about to start. i have to go..." he said as he held the doorknob. "oh, okay..." sunoo looked down wanting to ask something, but niki already left. he sighed.

⊹₊ ⋆

if there are any typos or grammar mistakes please kindly correct me <3

new characters👀