chapter fifteen

no, sunoo hasn't seen niki in quite a while. and every day which passed he felt more and more sadder. all he could think about was niki, and not even joking. he tried to get the boy out of his head, but it didn't work at all.

he tried distracting himself, but... if he went to the park, it reminded him of niki, if he watched a movie, more stuff reminded him of niki, if he went to school, he'd look over at the rooftop and it reminded him of niki. so, we could say that basically everything reminded him of niki.

it was so hard getting him out of his head, and it hurt thinking that wherever niki is, he isn't thinking about sunoo.

but that's exactly the opposite.

"you wouldn't want your little friend getting hurt, no?" the fog was thickening and made everything feel even weirder than it already was. niki bit his inner cheek as he sighed "just stop everything, jake."

"told ya i can't." the older muttered and chuckled. "what do you even see in him anyway? he should be just blood for you."

niki scoffed "oh please, dont act like you didn't have the same feeling for that one person, jaeyun."
jake went quiet as niki had bringed to life some memories that he shouldn't have been reminded.

"it was different." he muttered and glared at the latter after that "and none of your bussiness."

niki smiled in a rude manner, if jake wants to play this game, then he should just go along with it.

"really? because it was the exact same, he was a human too." he said and jake frowned as niki mentioned him again.

"but oh god.. you did the worst mistake, didn't you?" niki faked his sadness and went closer to jake.

"he's dead, jaeyun. he's dead, and it's your fault." the younger's eyes darkened while jake's were getting blurry.

"just.. shut the fuck up" jake said between gritted teeth and went closer to niki too. "you should watch your mouth, bitch."

niki chuckled at that. "wouldn't have everything been better if you made sure to close your door that night?"

jake frowned after that sentence.

"what..?"

niki shrugged, and took a step away from jake. "you have to be more careful, you know."

"what do you mean by that?" jake widened his eyes and gripped niki's shoulders. "you know what happened that night?"

niki looked at jake without any expression on his face. jake looked so desperate in this moment, a thing which niki hasn't seen in a long time. but i guess this was his weakness.

"maybe i do, maybe i dont.. we'll never know." niki put on a fake confused face while jake was staring in his eyes and started to get more and more sadder.

"niki.. please"

"oh, so now you are pleading me?" niki raised a brow as he pushed jake's hand off of him. "you know this fucking act of yours won't work."

jake gulped as he backed away a little too. he looked different than what he looked like some moments ago. guess he still hasn't moved on from what happened.

"also, do you think it's funny putting dead people in my house?" niki asked as he scoffed. "next time try better."

--

oh god. funny they thought niki cared.

the boy started chuckling as he stared at the dead bodies in the house. did he cry? no. he loved making people confused.

niki got up from the ground, looking at the note in his hand again and burned it down with his special power. it was amusing seeing them try so hard to make him regret what he did. thats actually so silly of them. he sighed, kicking one of the bodies a little and all of them disappeared.

"if they want to be like this.. then, okay."

--
"it wasn't me who did that" jake confessed, and niki rolled his eyes. "yeah okay, if it's not you then jay and heeseung, how are they doing?"

jake looked at niki with a frown and stayed silent. he glanced away, trying to find the words he needed to get back to making niki scared, as he originally should've.

but niki made him weaker by just reminding him of someone. why was he like this? now, he is scared niki might tell someone about him, no one needed to know about what happened between him and sunghoon, no one.

if they would, that meant jake broke the vampire rules, and he'd be in danger. he is scared, really scared.

"well, have you got anything else to say? i can't stay here all day, you know." niki informed the latter and teleported to sit on a rock. jake bit his inner cheek and remained silent.

niki raised an eyebrow and his lips formed a thin line "okay, i'll get going then" he said and after that, he just disappeared.

jake sighed knowing he left, that he was in danger, and that there is no coming back.

"fucking hoe" jake kicked a tree next to him angrily and teared up. why did he have to be reminded of sunghoon? niki turned into someone jake can't recognize anymore, he is different.

what should he do to make his plan work?

--

niki came back home in town after two days. he didn't know if he should check on sunoo or make him think that he still isn't here. it was a hard thing to decide, but came to the conclusion that he still should make sunoo think he wasn't in town. that should work.

after he got into his home, it was past midnight. he wanted to go and see what sunoo was doing so bad, but that'd be considered as stalking, right?

well.. no one will see him anyway.

he quietly got out of his house, teleported to sunoo's and tried to look in the window of his living room, and there he saw sunoo with puffy red eyes, reading a book. he seemed like he cried, and niki didn't like the thought of that. he took a step away from the window, and stared at his feet.

why was sunoo crying affecting him so much?

he sighed and streched a little, going back home with a frown.