chapter twelve

the day was over really fast and the entire day, they only sang. none of them were really happy about that, because, after all, they weren't interested in singing. but leaving that aside, sunoo and niki were now home, after the tiring time spent in the school.

sunoo was in the kitchen, eating something he bought on his way home and as he was eating, he knew he should go to shopping as soon as possible. he didn't have any food left and his fridge was empty.

he rolled his eyes in annoyance and turned his head to look at the counter where it was a piece of paper, which he tried to reach for as he was way too lazy to get up from the chair and actually grab it.

"if i'll fell.." sunoo mumbled, looking at his legs and making sure he wont hurt himself if he will fall by putting one of them next to the chair he sat on.

fortunately, he got the piece of paper safely and put it on the table, while taking another bite of the donut he was eating.

sunoo also got a pen and sighed, starting to think what he should buy. to be honest, in moments like this, he just wishes he'd stay with his mom and dad as he wouldn't have any worries, then. but his 'smart' ass decided that it would be better to live alone. well, he came to the conclusion that it isn't any better, and it's actually way worse.

sunoo started writing down on the little piece of paper stuff he has to buy and after he was done, he put on his jacket and the piece of paper along with his phone in the pockets.

the boy started walking towards the store, which wasn't far away; he arrived there in 5 minutes.

then, he got all the stuff he had to buy, and went to the checkout. the worker didn't even spare a glance at him, and sunoo cleared his throat, trying to get the worker's attention. the other person finally looked at him with an uninterested stare and sighed, getting the products and scanning them.

sunoo grabbed some money from his pocket, handing them to the worker even though he didn't deserve them and left with a bag in his hand. on his way home, he saw different people looking pretty scared and he frowned, not understanding what they are all afraid of. he decided to ignore that, because maybe he is just imagining things.

he arrived home, went towards the door and opened it with his key, closed it again, walked to the kitchen with the stuff he bought and put the bag on the table.

sunoo started to put all the things he got in their place, while humming to a song that started playing on his phone right now. when he was younger, he used to sing that song really often with his dad and thats one of the reasons why he loves it so much.

sunoo jumped around the kitchen and soon, the groceries were all at their places + he finally had food in his home again.

sunoo went to the living room, got his phone with him and turned on the tv, wanting to watch a movie on netflix. he plopped on the sofa and changed the program on the tv to netflix. here comes the hard part.

he can never choose a movie as he is really indecisive, so he just keeps on scrolling and scrolling until he notices it's 3 am, gets stressed and goes to sleep. thats maybe why he has started 15 movies and none of them was watched until the end.

but, today he is determinated to finish a movie he started watching a while ago, it's a plot that intrigues him and he rarely finds movies that are having similar plots to this one, that's why he loves it so much.

sunoo put his phone on do not disturb and begun watching the movie he liked.

it started with a boy that ran away from his home, and went to a field that he claimed to be his 'safe place', which was really sweet; sunoo thought. then, he met someone who was just coming home from school. it was a girl living with her grandparents, and studied really hard to make them proud. they quickly bonded over their shared interest about different things such as music, art and more. as days passed, they were getting closer and closer but eventually, the girl had to leave from her grandparent's house, back to her parents who were in a different country.

that made sunoo tear up and he realized the movie was also almost ending and it made him even sadder.

"why do all the great movies have the most tragic ending?" sunoo mumbled as he sobbed.

"i know i promised, but nothing ever lasts forever, right?"

when the character from the movie said that, sunoo teared up again, and cried even more.

"i want you to remember me, so i'm giving you this necklace" atsuko, the girl, said and handed asahi, the guy, a beautiful necklace which she wore until now.

"but you said it was from your grandparents.." asahi frowned, while in his eyes were forming tears.

"so? they would be happy if they saw you wearing this" the girl smiled, even though she felt like crying too.

"did you really have to leave this soon? we made so many plans together" asahi couldn't hold it back anymore so he broke into tears.

atsuko cupped asahi's face and wiped his tears with her thumbs. "stop crying like an idiot. we are going to meet again, sometime."

"you dont even know if we really will.." asahi mumbled and tried to stop crying, but didn't work anyway.

"if we don't, then thank you, thank you for making my life happier ever since you showed up next to this house. thank you for showing me how to have fun, thank you for making me feel less lonely than i was. thank you for everything" atsuko smiled warmly, and a tear rolled down her rosy cheeks.

as he watched the way his friend started crying too, asahi pulled her into a tight hug.

"promise me this is not the last time we see eachother"

atsuko bit her lip while still embracing asahi "i promise"

sunoo was crying really bad right now and he couldn't believe a movie could make him feel like this.

soon, the movie ended and it started showing the credits. sunoo suddenly heard a desperate-like knock on his door, so he whined, rolling his eyes as he got up and went to the door. who could it be? it's 9pm and outside, the sun was already out of the view. only the moon could be seen on the sky.

he lazily opened the door, and his eyes met niki's trembling figure.

sunoo was more than confused when niki embraced him in a hug, just like in the movie he watched right now.

"are you alright?! what happened? god, where are they?!" niki let go of sunoo who was looking dumb-founded.

"wha..-"

"what did they do to you?" niki widened his eyes as he noticed the tears in sunoo's eyes.

they? who were this people which niki was talking about? sunoo scratched the back of his neck and shrugged with a more-than-confused look on his face.

"sunoo, i'm really not kidding, what did they do to you?!" niki raised his tone which made sunoo flinch a little since he never heard niki speak this loud.

"i dont even understand who you're talking about" sunoo answered niki, and closed the door after the younger got in.

"what do you mean? you weren't answering the phone, you're crying-"

"ooh, i was just watching a movie and my phone was on the do not disturb mode, that's all" sunoo explained, and niki immediately stopped his tracks, his breathing slowing down to the normal pace.

"what." he frowned.

"yeah.." sunoo awkwardly said.

"did you.. you didn't see the news right?"

"nope, im not watching news but why are you asking me?"

"doesn't matter.." niki started. "anyways, don't fucking leave your phone on the do not disturb mode ever again! i seriously felt scared, damn it!" the younger complained and sunoo rolled his eyes "yeah, yeah, i don't even get what you are so scared for"

niki glared at sunoo and sighed quietly.

"you're dumb as fuck"