chapter nine

"do you want anything?" the pink haired boy looked through the snacks on the shop's shelf.

"hm, some chips?" niki asked, while looking for drinks, in the refrigerators behind sunoo.

"sure, i'll take some sweets too" sunoo got two bags of chips in his hand and looked around for the candies.

niki nodded while he struggled to think what would sunoo like more between two drinks in his hand. he sighed and struggled to choose one.

meanwhile, sunoo was just looking for sweets, and tried to get as many as he could. maybe niki liked sweets too.

"sunoo! wanna get cola?" a voice was heard coming from the drinks refrigerators. sunoo nodded, but as soon as he realized niki couldn't see him, he yelled an "yeah!" to him.

niki finally got some cola, coming with 5 bottles in his hands and watched sunoo get a lot of sweets.

"woah- sunoo, that's like- a lot." niki raised his both of his eyebrows in surprise. "well, i think you love sweets too, sooo"

niki nodded slowly and looked around. ho, he hates sweets, it's just too- much flavour for him?
gotta agree with everything sunoo says, though.

"great!" sunoo looked at the sweets and seemed pleased with them. "i bought my favourites! so i guess you will like them"

"mhm" niki bit his inner cheek and looked around the store. sunoo noticed that niki was getting bored, so he hurried up. he got the cola bottles from niki's hands and put them in the cart, along with the snacks and sweets.

"so, let's also decide what to do. how about..?" the pink haired boy started to think about some fun things they could occupy their time with.

niki glanced and him and chuckled faintly, he was cute.

sunoo saw his reaction and also laughed. "hey! why are you laughing at me?"

niki shook his head. "no, i'm not laughing at you" sunoo then jokingly raised a brow "then?"

niki shrugged, "just thought you were cute" he mumbled.

sunoo then, felt butterflies in his stomach, as he froze on his spot.

"shit i said it out loud?" niki widened his eyes and felt his cheeks getting hot. ah, how much he wishes to hide himself now.

aunoo then looked away from him, back at the cart and played with his fingers shyly, there was no way he could utter another word. he felt as if the words were stuck in his throat.

come on, sunoo, say something! he thought to himself. but no, all he could do is stay silent.

both of them looked away from eachother, too embarassed to even say a word now.

"uh-" sunoo finally was the one to intrerrupt the silence between them which lasted for maybe longer than a minute, but felt like an eternity to them.

"hm?" niki still didn't look at sunoo's face.

"we- we should go" sunoo nodded to his own sentence and pushed the cart further, going towards the cash register. niki agreed and silently followed him.

well, the whole time while going back home was awkward. niki was too embarassed to say even a word now, since he accidentally said sunoo's cute out loud.

and sunoo, too shy to say something. his heart was still beating as if it would get out of his chest anytime soon. he bit his inner cheek and still kept quiet.

"so uhm.. have you decided what to do when we get home? like- watch a movie, stuff like that..?" niki finally asked, turning to look at sunoo's face who only stared at the ground while walking.

"yeah- let's watch a movie. that sounds fun" sunoo agreed.
niki nodded and looked at the sky.

"it's a pretty day today, isn't it?" the younger asked as he plastered a soft smile on his face. sunoo eventually rose his eyes up to the sky. "yeah, it really is"

"so i wanted to ask you this;" niki began. he caught sunoo's attention, who was now looking at niki, waiting for him to continue.

the younger cleared his throat. "are you close to jake?" after niki said that, sunoo frowned, wondering why would niki want to know that. he noticed that whenever sunoo is mentioning jake, niki always starts to act strange. jake's behaviour is kind of strange too, though.

"i don't really know. I mean, we are friends and all, but why do you wanna know?" sunoo titled his head.

niki nodded and then looked in sunoo's eyes for a moment. "ah- nothing, just wondering since you guys have classes together."

"oh that?" sunoo chuckled. "well, yeah, it's weird about how we always have the same classes together" he scratched the back of his neck. niki agreed.

"is he- acting weird.. in some way?

.. did he tell you anything?" niki looked around nervously.

sunoo shook his head. "nope, he's perfectly fine."

lie.

Why are you lying to me, sunoo?

"oh, i see." niki sighed.

sunoo smiled and focused back on walking. and they kept the silence, until they both arrived at sunoo's house.

they both entered in his home, quietly getting the things that they bought, putting it in some bowls and chilling on sunoo's sofa from the living room.

"do you have any recommendations for movies?" sunoo asked, with his eyes fixed on the tv while he logged in netflix.

"hm, no" the other shook his head and scratched the back of his neck. he doesn't watch movies, so there's no way he could recommend one.

"oh, okay- then shall we just watch this new movie? I heard it's good" sunoo put the movie he wad talking about on the tv screen, allowing niki to read the description.

he read that in some seconds and after that nodded. "sounds interesting"

sunoo smiled and clapped enthusiastically "great! let's watch it, then"

niki agreed, averting his gaze at the tv, looking at the movie which started playing. it was already boring for him, but he tried to not show it. sunoo looked pretty excited about this, so he wouldn't want to ruin all the fun.

he still was wondering why did sunoo lie.. jake is definitely planning something, it isn't like it's the first time he meets niki. they know eachother for a long time, and it concerns niki about what would jake do now.

he knew sunoo lied, because jake was indeed acting strange. he was just trying so hard to get closer to him, and there's a reason for that.

niki though, will try his best to keep sunoo away from jake because he knows how dangerous jake could be.. and he doesn't want sunoo to be the one hurt if something happens.

he was the only one he had, after all.

even though, he knew if sunoo finds out about everything he will start running away from niki while crying, just like everyone else did before.

aunoo promised, but was he really going to keep that promise?

after all, niki is a monster.. the boy wouldn't want to be with someone like him, he will most probably never even see sunoo's face again.

and niki couldn't stand that happening.