chapter eighteen

"we should stay here until the sun goes down, it's a beautiful sky at night." niki said as he sits down on the cold ground.

"are the stars visible? i'd love to see them" sunoo adjusts himself into a comfortable position on the ground. they had been walking around the streets until now and it was 6pm already, meaning that the sun will go down anytime soon.

"yeah, thats why i like it so much here."

sunoo looked over at niki's eyes which were on the sky above them, staring at it with admiration.

"want to get to know eachother better? i feel like we could get closer that way" sunoo smiled.

niki turned his gaze to sunoo and as his smile was always contagious, his lips turned upwards, too.

"sure"

"well.. tell me about you first" sunoo began "i want to know why people were bullying you when i first came here."

niki scoffed "bullying is too exaggerated. i didn't even mind it, to be honest. if i ignored them, they'd always leave."

sunoo raised an eyebrow at him "really? they were super annoying."

niki shrugged "well- its not like you can escape kids or teenagers or even adults like this, they're everywhere"
after thay sunoo agreed, "at my old school, my friend used to get bullied. but i helped him and they made fun of me afterwards" sunoo smiled bitterly.

niki didnt expect that, so he turned his head to the older. "they did that..? really?"

the pink haired boy nodded "they did. but its not like im traumatized or anything, it's just an experience that people who are too kind have."

the younger one looked at him concerned "have they ever.. insulted you, or something?"

"nah, not really."

⊹₊ ⋆

"no, please let go! please!" sunoo yelled at the boys who were holding him so tight that his wrists were hurting.

"oh shut the fuck up, we're not killing you" a boy held his face forcefully, and got his face closer to him.

"how about we ruin this pretty face of yours, hm?" he smiled as sunoo widened his eyes in terror. "i beg you please stop it!" he cried even more.

"get the knife" the one who was holding his face said, and the other got it in his hand, but was hesitant in giving him it. "guys.. lets dont.."

"just give me the fucking knife!" doyoung yelled, as he glared back at the poor boy.

the other looked at his feet, feeling guilty that he cant do anything to save the one pinned to the wall.

"now, will you be quiet for me?" doyoung whispered in sunoo's ear. that only made him cry even more.

"just let me go.. i'd do anything, please" sunoo cried.

doyoung wiped sunoo's tears with his thumbs and frowned. "but i won't do a lot"

just as he was about to answer, the knife was in sunoo's skin, and slowly tracing a line on his cheek.

⊹₊ ⋆

"it was okay. except for the fact that sometimes they'd push me." sunoo admitted and niki knew he was lying, so he bit his inner cheek.

"my bullies used to write 'crazy freak' on my bench. i dont even know from where that came." niki mumbled, and sunoo realized how similar they actually were.

"im sorry for that.. they were the crazy freaks, obviously not you."

niki smiled bitterly. only if he knew.

"well" niki sighed "humanity scares me, to be honest. the mentality, their personality, and everything in general doesn't make sense anymore. its honestly so stupid."

"i agree" sunoo mumbled. "how about your family? i've got to tell you that almost everyone says you killed your adoptive family. one thing im sure about is that you didnt kill them, but, were you adopted?"

niki didn't expect sunoo to know about this too, and he was surprised that he didn't decide to go by the same opinion as the others. he was truly the first person that trusted niki.

"my real parents died when i was young. probably like two years old, then, i got adopted by honestly, the best people you could ever imagine. i also had a little sister, but.. they were murdered. i've never even thought about killing them, i could never."  niki started and sighed.

"oh my god.. i.. didnt know, niki, im sorry" sunoo frowned, obviously concerned about the fact that he bringed up such a sensitive topic, apprently.

"it's okay, dont worry. i got used to it at this point." niki shrugged and sunoo looked at his feet again. "and people think of you as a monster who killed his parents"

"how about you? tell me about your situation with your parents" niki turned his head to him. "well, there's nothing too important. mom and dad had always been trying to protect me from everything bad. when they found out about the bullying incident, they made me move schools. this is the third time i am changing it and i barely convinced them to let me live by myself."

niki smiled, "your parents sound nice."

"they are, and you have to meet them some time, really." sunoo said to the latter who didn't seem too pleased with the idea. "what do you think? we could go in my home town!" the pink haired boy exclaimed in happiness.

"well.. yeah, that'd be great" niki muttered, to which sunoo frowned "what's wrong? you dont seem so happy about it"

"nah, its nothing, really. i'd love to go"

sunoo nodded, then, they both remained silent.

"you know, niki, i want to ask you something." sunoo said, in a lower tone, to which niki raised one of his eyebrows.

"uh.. sure"

"that day, when you pushed me and ran away, what was wrong?" sunoo asked as he laid down on the grass.

niki bit his inner cheek and shrugged. "i dont really remember to be honest, i felt really sick so yeah. is your hand better though?"

"yea, it is" sunoo nodded, "but really, you scared me that night. i saw some red eyes, but that was just my imagination" the boy smiled while shaking his head, because who would actually believe in red eyes, fangs and blood suckers?

"..ha? red eyes?" niki began to panic.

"yeah, your eyes were red. but nahh, told you its just my imagination, i actually started to suspect of i have schizophrenia" sunoo explained to which niki laughed awakwardly.

"well, anyways, the sun is going down, finally" niki informed the latter. when sunoo saw that, he quickly turned around to his bag where he had different snacks, and got some popcorn.

"i am always ready" sunoo smiled and handed niki some.

and that's how they both watched the moon and the stars together on a friday night.