chapter sixteen

niki wasn't used to this feeling, why was he feeling sad for someone else? why was he only thinking about what could've possibly happened to sunoo? it really makes no sense to him.

niki wanted to go and speak to him, but he was just so scared, and for no reason at all. why couldn't he just go up to sunoo and start a normal conversation? if that happened, everything would be fine.

but he simply can't.

⊹₊ ⋆

sunoo has been spacing out so much the whole day, and he didnt even know why. was it because of the depressive movies he watched, because of the bad weather or about that one person?

whatever it was, he had to get out of this mood. he cant stay sad all week, so he wont.

"hi jake!" sunoo greeted the older who just smiled in response. he would usually greet him back and hug or shake hands but now he is just.. quiet.

sunoo stayed silent and looked at his right, seeing hyunjin and lia coming. "they finally decided to appear, huh?" sunoo laughed a little and jake nodded "took y'all long enough" he muttered under his breath and glanced at sunoo who got up from the bench, going towards them all.

"we already planned the seats!" yeji yelled, while running towards them too. "hyunjin and me are staying together, lia with you know who," yeji teased the younger who rolled her eyes with a subtle smile. "..and sunoo with jake"

sunoo immediately sighed. maybe they know something about niki? this trip was supposed to be fun, but niki is nowhere near here so it isnt that interesting anymore. he bit his inner cheek while kicking a small rock on the ground with slackness.

jake glanced at sunoo for a little and his lips formed a thin line. "hey," he said "what's up with you today?"

"could ask the same about you" sunoo answered, making jake chuckle a little. "i'm all good, you're the one acting different"

sunoo sighed and put on a small smile, looking over at jake. "i'm just tired" after that, the older nodded. "almost everyone is tired around this time. school has been making us do some stupid stuff" jake complained and sunoo chuckled. ''you're right, but its still better than having classes.'' 

''well, obviously'' jake rolled his eyes ''but now its a fun activity, we gotta agree" he continued to which sunoo shrugged. "i'm rather tired now, so not really in the mood for a school trip, you know."

it was silence again. they were just staring at the sky, kicking rocks on the ground or listening to others' conversations. and, to be honest, they wouldn't do that again.

"uhm, jake," sunoo finally uttered a word and the older turned his head and gaze to him.

"do you know anything about niki?" he asked, avoiding the eye contact jake was avoiding too.

"..as in?"

"like- you know.. where he is? i haven't seen him for a while" the younger spoke and sighed "i'm sorry im bringing this up so randomly"

he really lied to you, didn't he.

"i dont know anything. i'm not really in the best.. terms, with him" he chuckled, trying to hide the fact that it was a nervous laugh. "so, i dont have how to know that kind of stuff"

suddenly, that sparked sunoo's interest. "and what do you mean with that?"

"what exactly?"

"that you're not in the best terms with him"

jake looked somehow uneasy and he bagan playing with his fingers. "sunoo, you have to listen to me."

the younger raised an eyebrow, and expected jake to continue, but the older just shook his head and maybe talked with himself?

"are you free tomorrow?" he asked, as he finally met sights with sunoo. seems like the younger has noticed his expression while he talked.

"uhm.. i guess." he nodded

"well, then, i'll text you a location where we can meet up and discuss some.. stuff. is that okay?" jake looked left and right, and noticed that more classmates of theirs and friends began to appear.

"why not now?" sunoo was beyond confused, and he hates when people make him curious.

"its more of a serious topic, and now that i think of it, you should come to my house."

should he go?

i mean, nothing is going to be wrong.

"..okay"

"guys, let's get into the bus before the others occupy our seats" yeji called out for sunoo and jake. at first, sunoo seemed hesitant and bit his lip, but eventually walked forward to the others. jake sighed and stared at sunoo while he entered along with their other friends in the bus.

how did niki manage to make sunoo this attached to him?

⊹₊ ⋆

sunoo would have wished to stay at home because it was the worst and most boring experience he ever had. the only fun part was when hyunjin choked with water while in the bus and began coughing like crazy.

he had to stick with jake who almost never uttered a word and had a really uncomfortable presence, which sunoo was totally fine with until now.

but it all suddenly started to be awkard.

however, he was now at home and completely drained after this day, thank god it was over.

someone knocked on the door, along with a voice that sunoo immediately recognized and made his energy go up again.

"sunoo!"

he got up from the bed and his eyes met with those which he has been waiting for all these days. "niki!" he hugged the other one, so tightly that the vampire could barely breath.

"yeah.." he hugged him back, almost with the same force. because, if he used or tried to use the same as sunoo's, he'd definitely kill him.

"where the fuck were you all this time?!" the pink haired boy let go of the hug as soon as he remembered that he should act mad. "leaving without any message, and not even talking to me once in all this time?" sunoo pouted.

"i had to go to my uncle who's house is pretty far away from here and my phone didnt have any battery, so.." niki's lips formed a thin line and looked down. "sorry"

sunoo smiled at him and shook his head. "no problem, but i was worried"

"well yeah.. thats why i came as fast as i could, and because its pretty late and you should sleep, want to hang out tomorrow?" niki asked and stared at sunoo with hope in his eyes.

the older obviously wanted to say yes, but he had to meet jake tomorrow, and he can't just cancel his plans.

"oh.. i have to go to jake's tomorrow" sunoo mumbled.

niki's smile suddenly dropped and a frown replaced it. "hm..?"

"well yeah, for a short time" sunoo informed the latter who tried his best not to scoff.

"and since when are you this close to jake?"

"we're not that close, we just want to talk and get to know eachother" sunoo shrugged and got out of the way, so niki could enter in his house, but the younger refused.

"i mean, yeah, but jake is not the sweetheart he is pretending to be around you, sun" niki sighed and looked up at sunoo again, which sent shivers down the older's spine.

"what..?"

"just don't trust him too much." he muttered and turned around, "you should sleep, it was a long week"

sunoo nodded a little, and frowned at the change of the latter's attitude.

"..goodnight to you too"