Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Jeremy's POV

Melanie looks beautiful tonight. She outdo's every single person here. I'm so happy that she's my soulmate.

Right now we're dancing to Ed Sheeran's Give Me Love and it's great. I can tell she likes the song because she's really into it.

"Hey Jeremy?" Mel asks.

"Ya" I reply.

"Are you ok? Your kind of just starting off into space right now." She chuckles at the end because apparently it's funny.

"Ya, sorry I'm just thinking of how beautiful you look tonight." I tell her. She just blushes and looks down at her feet. I put my two fingers under her chin and lift her chin up so she's looking at me. "Mel don't do that. Your the prettiest person here tonight and I want to be able to look at you." I say while smiling gently.

"Ok Jer. Do you know this dance well?" She asks with her eyebrow raised.

"I somewhat know it why?"

"Cuz your going to have to spin me in about 10 seconds." She tells me with amusement laced in her voice.

I get ready to spin her and off she goes into Matts arms. He'll take good care of her. Now Rebekah is in my arms.

"Hello love, I believe we haven't met yet. I'm Rebekah, your soulmates sister. If you do something to harm her, I will kill you." she tells me smiling the whole way through.

"I'm Jeremy. Is Matt your soulmate or something because he keeps looking over here?" I ask because I don't understand why he keeps looking over at us.

"Oh yes I found out when I handed him the invitation at the grill. I never did tell him so he's probably feeling the pull right now that we have. I want to thank you Jeremy for finding Melanie because if you didn't see her than my whole family wouldn't have soulmates right now, Nik wouldn't of found his, Mel wouldn't of found you and I wouldn't have Matt, so thank you Jeremy." She tells me.

I'm a bit shocked but I know the music is going to end and I can hear the fear in her voice. I think she thinks Matts going to not want to be with her. "Rebekah, you should tell Matt. He'll be confused at first, but then he'll be ok with it. He hasn't dated someone since Caroline, so he's a bit rusty, but he's Matt and Matt is a nice guy. You'll be great together. When you tell him about the soulmates, tell him that if he needs help or just wants to talk he can ask me anytime because we're kind of in the same boat." I tell Rebekah as the music is ending. "Now I need to go find Melanie and you need to go find Matt so you can tell him."

Melanie's POV

After the music stops I go to find Jeremy but what I see is worse. Dopplebitch is climbing the staircase and I know there's only one person up there. I see Elijah starring at her too. I know he knows that mother is doing something. Before I can ask him though Nik comes up to me.

"Melanie I need you right now. Caroline is freaking out. She doesn't want this, she doesn't want me." He tells me really fast. "Can you talk to her. Tell her I'm not that bad of a person?" He asks, well more like begs.

"Ya sure Nik. I just need you to find Jeremy and tell him what I'm doing so he's not looking around for me." I tell him soothingly to calm him down.

"Thank you love." He tries to act calm but I know on the inside he's freaking out. As he leaves to go tell Jeremy where I am, I go search for Caroline.

~~~

When I do eventually find her she's crying in Nik's art studio.

"Caroline, sweetheart what's wrong?" I ask while rushing over to her.

"I'm-I'm his soulmate. What the hell does that even mean?" She asks like its the worst thing in the world.

"Sweety it means your his one true love and he's your one true love. It's a good thing Caroline." I tell her gently.

"But he's Klaus." she says his name with such disgust it's sad.

"Caroline Nik isn't so bad. He's a great person if your nice to him. Caroline you've just got to give him a chance." I tell her.

"How can I give him a chance? It's not that easy." Now she just sounds confused, but her crying has slowed down a lot so I know I'm making progress.

"It is easy Caroline. Just listen to what he has to say and everything will be better." I tell her.

"Even if that works what are my friends going to say? They'll kill me." Now she's just making up excuses to not be with him.

"Caroline if your 'friends' are going to kill you for being with your soulmate, than I hate to tell you, but they're not really your friends." I tell her while putting fingers around friends because they're not really her friends if they're going to do that.

"But now Klaus is going to hate me. He's not going to want me. I look horrible, he sent you in because he didn't even want to deal with me himself. He hates me, he deserves a much better soulmate." I can tell Nik's outside so I wait till he comes in to tell her differently.

Nik walks in with the same scary face he had on when he daggered me 20 years ago. "Caroline Forbs, don't you ever say those things about me not wanting you. I will always want you. I have wanted you before I even knew you were my soulmate that's how amazing you are. I have loved you since I have first talked to you." By now he's moved in front of her and is holding her hands.

I leave the room now to give them some privacy and so I can finally go find Jeremy.