Chapter 21

*Melanie's POV*

"You sure you have everything?" I ask Jer just incase he forgot something.

He looks at his duffle bag and cooler and says "Nope I think we got everything." then flashes me a bright smile.

"You sure you want to do this?" I ask.

"Do what?" He asks.

"Are you sure you want to spend your last days as a human with me? Not your sister? Cuz we both know once you're a vampire you're kinda stuck with me forever." I say a bit scared he'll change his mind and want to stay human.

He puts his bag and cooler down and turns to me. "Mel, I love you and will continue to love you for the rest of my life. I do not regret my choice to live the rest of my life with you as a vampire." He pauses to cup my face with his hands ever so gently. "Don't worry about me changing my mind. I will always love you." He smiles at the end to comfort me.

"You promise?" I ask still a bit hesitant.

"I promise." He says before leaning down and pecking my lips. He pulls away to pick up his bag and cooler while saying "Now, you ready to get this show on the road?"

I giggle and say "Of course."

~~~

"You know where we're going right?" I ask.

"Don't worry I got this." Jer says.

"Are you sure because I think we've drove past this diner half an hour ago." I say a little sceptical that he actually knows where he's going.

"Well, I mean I never have driven here, I'd always be in the back listening to music." Jer confesses.

I laugh and grab his hand saying "That's ok. Why don't we pull up into that diner we past and get some food. Who knows maybe one of the waiters know where to go." I smile over at him.

"That seems like a good idea." He replies.

~~~

"What can I get for you darling?" A sweet middle aged lady asks me in a country accent.

"I'll have a burger and fries please." I reply closing the menu and handing it over to her.

"And I'll have the same." Jer says handing his menu over to her.

"Two burgers and two fries coming right up." She says walking away.

"Thank you." I call out hoping she heard it.

Jer chuckles and teaches for my hand across the table, grasping it. "You excited for this weekend as much as I am?" Jer asks me.

"Maybe even a little more excited. I haven't been swimming in over 20 years." I admit.

"As long you don't drown." Jer says laughing.

"Hey I know how to swim." I say defensively.

"If you don't I'll teach you don't worry." Jer says bringing my hand up and kissing it before setting it back down. "Wait you did pack a bathing suit right?"

"Yes I did, don't you worry." I say laughing.

"Here you are." The waiter says while placing our food down in front of us.

"Thank you." I say.

She smiles and walks away.

"This looks good." Jer says before digging in. I just laugh and join in.