Chapter 15

Chapter 15

*Melanie's POV*

"So Zackaria Salvator was one of your nephews?" Rebekah ask Stefan and Damon as we all sit at the Grill.

"Well our father knocked up one of the maids during the civil war. She had a son, but as far as anyone else knew Stefan and I were dead. Family name had to go somewhere." Damon says before taking a sip of his drink.

"So your family owned the logging mills back then?" I try to cut to the chase.

"Your full of a lot of questions." Damon answers back.

"I'm just researching the town history, you know being in school and all." I reply back whole taking a sip of my drink, God knows I need one.

"We grew up here after all." Rebekah adds with a challenging look on her face.

"You know you don't have to disguise your true motives blonde bex. If you want more sex just ask for it." Damon says.

I chick on my drink and spit it back out. "You guys actually had sex!? I thought that was just a joke." I groan and say to Becks "O God Becks what are you doing?"

Rebekah ignores me and decides to sender Damon back "Not enough liquor in the world."

"Oh thank God." I quietly add.

"Ah come on it was to good for you to be this hostel." Damon says jokingly back.

"Ok that's it, I'm out. I'll see you later at home Becks." I get up, down my drink and stet walking out the door. I stop though when I hear the Salvators mention Sage.

I knew Sage. She used to hang off of Finn as if she owned him. God I hate her, but my brother loved her so if she's still alive I should get her back for him. He deserves happiness and maybe this way he'll stop trying to kill us.

I then continue on my way out the door hearing enough of what they had to say, besides I had to go find Sage before they did.

~~~

As I get back to the house I see that no ones home. That's good more times r me to relax before I go on my hunt to find Sage.

As I enter the house though I see that I was wrong thinking I was alone. There's Jeremy sitting on the couch in the living room.

I close the door and go in asking "What do you want?"

"Mel. Your here." He says with relief on his face.

"Of course I'm here. I live here. What are you doing here?" I ask crossing my arms and popping my hip out. He was rude, I deserve to be sassy.

"I wanted to apologize." He says stepping closer.

"Oh so you want to apologize. What you want to say sorry for yelling at me? You want to say sorry for hurting my feelings? You want to say sorry for saying my family isn't a real family?" I ask raising my voice.

"Ye-"

I cut him off before he can say anything else "No you don't get too. You see I get how it feels when a sibling leaves you out of the loop ok? I know it sucks but that doesn't give you the right to go and yell at me and tell me that my family isn't a real family. At least my family protects each other, at least I know when it comes down to it, we'd all have each others back. What about you, huh? Could you really say that about Elena? An if you could what would she do? She's just a human and I can tell you that of Damon or Stefan were there, they'd help Elena first without a second thought? Jeremy I don't think you understand. You're literally my soul mate, I love you and you don't understand how much you hurt me." I start tearing up a bit and need to take a second to catch my breath. "Jer you said pretty much the only thing that could get to me, you diss-respected my family. Jer you may be my soul mate but my family is my blood. We're there for each other forever and always. How am I supposed to trust that you'll always be there for me? Jer you scare me."

"Mel, you know I love you. I was just ma at Elena and scared that Alaric was going to be arrested. I didn't mean anything that I said. I love you and I'm so sorry. You can trust me because I'm never gonna leave you nor am I ever going to hurt you again. Mel just please give me one more chance. Just one chance, that's all I'm asking for?" He's now standing in front of me with his hands on my shoulder.

I take a deep breath in and wipe my tears off my cheeks. "I will but I'm going out of town for a day or two. I need to go find someone. Will you come?" I ask.

"I'll come as long as you forgive me, just say you forgive me Mel." Jer begs.

I laugh and pull him in for a kiss. "Of course I forgive you." I mumble against his lips.

~~~

"Hey do you know what's going on with Matt and Rebekah right now? Cuz apparently she slept with Damon the night at the ball." I ask Jer as we were driving.

"Apparently she thinks he's still hooked on Elena so she slept with Damon and they haven't talked since." Jer says from the passenger seat.

"But isn't he with her right now?" I question looking over at him.

"Ya.." He trails off.

"So what she thinks isn't so great fetched." I say looking back at the road.

"I'm over all my exes if you wanted know." Jer adds.

I look over at him and see he's smiling at me. "Ya?"

"Yup."

I laugh quietly and look back at the road. "Are you doing ok?" I ask concerned.

"Ya now that I have you back." He says taking my hand.

I smile over at him and squeeze his hand. Jer's phone vibrates and he sighs after reading it.

"What, what's wrong?" I ask.

"It's my sister. She wants to know where I am." He puts his phone down and turns to look at me. "I-" he gets cut off by his phone vibrating again.

I look over and see Jer frowning. "What?" I ask concerned.

"We need to go back." He says not looking up from his phone.

I pull over to the side of the road and turn to look at him. "Jer what's wrong."

"They think Alaric did it. It's the ring he wears, it's supposed to make him go crazy." He explains finally looking up at me.

"What? Jer what's the-" I cut myself off when I see him move his hand from mine, on it is the ring. "Oh Jer."

He looks at me again. "We need to go back."

A/N: I'm so sorry I didn't update on Thursday, my internet stopped working, but it's back on! So I updated this I hope you like it. Have a happy Halloween!