Part Three

I opened my diary on a new page and started writing.            

Dear Diary,

Remember when I said that my parents were biased and they liked my brothers more than me? My mother just proved it! Like few seconds ago! Derek stole my diary and mom didn’t even yell at him. Instead she grounded me by not letting me use the internet for five days! Five whole days! I hate her!

On the positive note I spoke to Ian Wright today. More like he spoke to me! He actually approached me. At first I thought he only spoke to me because of the test today but he actually wants to be friends! And the way he acts around me is so cool. He acts like I’m his best friend. He’s friendlier than Kara!

He’s just so sweet. He’s kind and smart. Maybe I forgot to mention this but I’ve had the biggest crush on him ever since middle school. I’ve always wanted to just talk to him … and now we talk like we’re best friends, we hug and I don’t feel all that uncomfortable. He’s just so….

I heard my phone ring. Who would call me now? The caller id showed Ian. Ian?

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey, it’s Ian,” he said.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked.

“Nothing much, what about you?” he asked.

“My mom just banned me from the internet!” I told him.

“Harsh!” he commented, “Why?”

“She thinks I have an attitude,” I told him appalled, “and also because I was out with you.”

“Damn,” he said, “Let me make it up to you. For helping me in the test and for getting you grounded.”

“How?” I asked.

“Be my girlfriend,” he said. What did he just say? “Go out on a date with me.”

“Seriously?” I asked shocked.

“Umm yeah, you like me right?” he asked.

“I do,” I said.

“Since tomorrow is Saturday, I’ll pick you up at 5 and we’ll watch a movie and then we’ll go to the park,” he said.

“Sure,” I said nonchalantly. Oh my heck! Did he actually ask me out?

“Great!” he said excited, “I can’t wait to see you.”

“Me too,” I said.

“Bye, babe,” he said and hung up.

I looked at my diary.

He’s just so … He asked me out!!!! Ian freakin’ Wright asked me out! He just called me and asked me out. This is totally unbelievable! I’m going out with him tomorrow! Damn I need to pick out something to wear now. I’m so happy right now.

Xoxo

Mellissa T

I shrieked and did a happy dance. I have a boyfriend! My boyfriend is Ian Wright. My boyfriend is popular. I’m the happiest person on earth!

“Am I interrupting something?” I heard Derek ask. I turned around and saw Beth and Derek at my door.

They were laughing. “No, I was doing nothing,” I told them.

“Are you sure it’s nothing?” Beth asked struggling to stop laughing.

“Yes, it’s nothing,” I glared.

“Chill,” Beth smiled and she and Derek left. 

__________________________________________________________

I know! I know! It's short! But Ian asked her out :D :D yay :D

The picture on the right is Beth (Ellen Page)