Part 5

I didn't get any comments but since I wanted the story up there, I updated. Hope you like it :)

Tiny recap:

I washed my face, tried to keep a calm neutral face and walked out. I saw Ian on the phone with someone. I was facing his back. Maybe I’ll give him a surprise and sneak in from behind, I thought.

 _____________________________________________________________________________________

Part 5:

I tiptoed closer and tried to cover his eyes but his conversation got me interested.

“Yeah, she’s hot” he chuckled. I smiled. He continued, “I kissed her … yup I frenched her … nah dude, she’ll be easy … she said she’ll tutor me at my place … yup, that’s when I get her to sleep with me.”

Sleep with him? I’m not going to sleep with him. Why would he want to sleep with me? We just started going out.

He spoke more: “You owe me 500 bucks when I sleep with Mellissa Tanner.”

He’s doing it for money?

That’s when I felt, I literally felt, my heart shattering. I walked away and headed out of the theatre.

He used me. He used me. It all makes sense now. It makes perfect sense. I’m a ‘nobody’, why would he go out with a ‘nobody’ even if his heart wanted it. I’m not even that pretty.

The tears started falling down my cheeks. I feel so ….. used …. cheap. I walked down the road and realized my house is too far. I called Beth up. “Hey, I’m already at your place,” she said.

“Pick me up,” I said, my voice had a tone that proved I was crying.

“What happened?” she asked concerned, “Are you alright?”

“Just pick me up!” I yelled crankily.

“Alright girl, calm down,” she said, “Where are you?”

“On the 5th highway road, walking towards home,” I said.

“Alright,” she said, “I’ll be there ASAP.”

“Thanks,” I sighed, “and don’t tell anyone at home.”

“I’ll try,” she said and hung up.

I walked as fast as I could. I ignored all the by passers as they gave me confused and sympathetic looks. Each time I looked at them, my eyes released a fresh flow of tears that stained my face.

I quickly wiped my tears as I saw Beth’s car approaching me. I opened her red car’s door and got in.

“Hey, what happened?” she asked.

“I just want today to end,” I cried.

“You’re not going to tell me?” she asked.

“I don’t want to,” I cried. She seemed quite for a while. “He was using me to win a bet,” I told her.

“Oh,” she said, “that’s horrible. How did you find out?”

“He was speaking to his friend,” I sobbed, “on the phone,” more sobs, “He just wanted to ‘get in my pants’.”

“That’s just,” she struggled to find the right word, “evil. You should tell Derek about it.”

“No!” I almost yelled, “He can’t find out about it,”

“He will,” she said as we parked on our lawn.

I groaned and got out of her car.

Derek ran towards Beth and asked: “what happened? You just ran out.”

“I went to pick your sister up,” Beth said and walked inside the house.

Derek turned to me and asked: “What happened to you?”

“Nothing,” I said and walked inside. But before I could step a foot inside the house Derek stopped me by holding my wrist.

“Seriously sis, what happened? Crying isn’t something you usually do,” he asked concerned.

I scoffed and said, “Let me go.”

That’s when I saw Ian coming out of his car. “Why did you go?” Ian asked.

“Get off my property,” I said and walked towards him as Derek let go off my hand.

“Babe, what’s wrong,” he asked. He was about to give me a hug when I shoved him.

“Don’t touch me. I said get out. We’re through,” I said through my teeth, my anger only letting more tears fall down.

“What did I do wrong? I thought you liked our date,” he asked coming closer.

Derek came closer and asked me, “Mel, what’s going on?”

I turned to Derek and said: “I overheard him talking to his friend on the phone, he was just using me.”

“What are you talking about? You must have misheard,” Ian said, his voice seemed guilty somehow.

I turned to Ian and said (and air-quoted) “Explain how ‘sleeping with me’ is something I misheard?”

“What?” Derek asked confused and angry at the same time.

“It’s not what you think, Mel,” Ian tried to explain.

“Were you going to sleep with her?” Derek asked.

“Well,” Ian hesitated. That’s when Derek punched Ian’s jaw.

“Get off my property!” Derek yelled and then caught Ian by his shirt and said, “I swear if I ever see you near my sister again I’ll make sure that you’ll never be able to walk or have kids ever again.”

Ian nodded. Derek let go of Ian and Ian ran off. By running I meant he got in his car and drove off.

_________________________________________________________

The truth's finally out :)

Comment if you like :)

ox

Skyler

~Skye's the Limit~