Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ Vɪᴏʟᴇɴᴄᴇ Cᴀᴜsᴇᴅ Sᴜᴄʜ Sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇ, Wʜᴏ Aʀᴇ Wᴇ Mɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ?

TW// cussing, being shot at, crying, being dead ig

Tommy's POV

It was far into the night, and the moon was at its peak. I hadn't stopped walking. I was just wanting to find somewhere that I recognized.

I had passed so much violence as I walked. People fighting, stealing, dying or already lying dead on the road, or...eating other people. That was something that made me want to puke. Just doing that on the street? Someone would just attack another person and start to bite them. It was inhumane and sickening.

I tried to drown out the screams and gunshots, but it was hard.

Before I knew it, the sun was back up again.

At one point, when I thought nobody was around, I let myself get lost in my thoughts. I spotted a purple flower growing from a crack in the concrete. I leaned down to pick it, as it was quite pretty, and I heard the sound of wind as something flew over my head.

I quickly looked up, seeing an arrow sticking out of the wood wall beside me. I stood back up. It was perfectly eye level with me. That could have gone straight through my head.

I looked in the direction it came from, and spotted two people on top of a shop on the other side of the street. One wore green and the other wore blue. The one with green seemed to be reloading his bow.

"Dream, wait! He's not dead! He's just injured, you almost killed a survivor! I told you that Z's don't walk with their hands in the pockets! You never listen to me! You're lucky he leaned down!" The one in blue said. "Well he looks pretty fucking dead to me!" The other said.

I turned around and sped away.

"Look! Z's don't run, Dream! Hey, kid, wait!" The one in blue shouted.

They just tried to kill me. I'm not gonna wait, I'm gonna run, obviously.

I turned a corner and then slowed down to collect myself.

Why did he think I'm dead? I mean, I've got a pretty bad wound on my arm, but that doesn't mean I'm dead.

As I walked, I passed a shop that still had some of its windows in. As I passed the glass, I looked inside. But my eyes didn't go to the inside, they focused on myself.

Oh my god, I'm dead.

My skin was pale and my clothes were torn. I had wounds all over my upper body that I hadn't even realized were there. And just like that first person I saw, you could see my ribs through a huge hole in my red and white shirt. I looked at my other arm in the glass, and saw a big bite mark on my shoulder. Was the wound on my other arm where I had been bit and had my flesh ripped off of me?

I sped away from the glass, not wanting to see myself anymore. I looked awful.

Is this why I can't remember anything? Because I'm dead?

But wait, why am I not like the others? The others seem to be completely out of it. Me, however, I'm still mentally a normal human. I still act normal and I talk normal. I still feel things. What's so special about me of all people? Why didn't I change?

I found myself crying as I walked. The sun had gone down yet again as I had walked for so long.

My legs were tired, I was tired, my whole body was tired.

I saw a small house in the distance. I only now noticed that I was no longer in the city, but on some backroad surrounded by trees. The small house was the only house in sight. It was hidden in the trees, and I only spotted it because the moon's light just barely showed it through the trees.

I walked that way. The house was just one story tall, two if there's a basement. The windows were busted out. I peeked inside, and it appeared that the home had been robbed a while back. Maybe I could stay here for the night.

When I actually walked in, I was hit with weird déjà vu. Like I had been here before. Though, I didn't know when. The home just seemed oddly familiar. Like maybe I lived here once. Before I became this creature that I am.

I stepped farther into the house, and hit a loose floorboard. It creaked loudly and then popped. I picked my foot up off of it quickly. I didn't know if anyone was there or not.

I probably should have thought about that before I went inside.

Words: 790