Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ Vɪᴏʟᴇɴᴄᴇ Cᴀᴜsᴇs Sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇ, Wᴇ Mᴜsᴛ Bᴇ Mɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ

TW// cussing, talk of freezing to death, guns, shooting, death, fighting

Tommy's POV
Four days later

The more we walked, the harder it snowed.

"Should we find a cave and stop for a while?" I asked. "If we stop we'll never get there, Tommy. If the snow gets too deep we'll be trapped in there. Then we'll die." Ranboo said as he continued to walk.

Tubbo looked froze. I suddenly remembered that he's never dealt good with cold weather. I remembered one time when it was cold outside, but just cold enough for a thick coat, Tubbo nearly got frost bitten. His body just reacts to the cold differently than others. His immune system can't handle it.

I had an arm wrapped around Tubbo to try and keep him more warm, but it didn't do anything at all since my skin was froze.

"A-Are you not c-cold, Tom-my?" Tubbo shivered. "Not at all, Tubbo. I'm perfectly fine. You keep that hoodie, ok?" I replied. He nodded.

"Ranboo, we have to stop, Tubbo's gonna drop dead. You know his immune system is too bad for this weather." I said. "We have less than a day left, Tommy. We've gotta try. We can stop at nightfall." They replied. "I-I'll be fine." Tubbo said.

So, we kept walking until it became dark out.

We stopped at a cave we came across. It wasn't very big, but it would be fine. There were some sticks in the cave that were thankfully dry enough to start a fire with. Ranboo had brought a pack of matches to light them easily.

The fire sort of helped with Tubbo's warmth, but not much. The tree of us ended up falling asleep cuddled together right next to the fire, although it's dangerous.

In the morning

I woke up cold. The fire had gone out, and I couldn't tell how warm or cold Tubbo was, but Ranboo looked pretty content.

I looked to the entrance of the small cave. There was maybe a foot of snow on the ground, so we thankfully weren't trapped.

I heard rustling beside of me, and I looked over to see Ranboo sitting up.

"Morning." They said. I smiled. Ranboo looked over at Tubbo. "He ok?" He asked. I shrugged. "I hope. He's still breathing, right?" I asked as I realized that I hadn't even check3d ti make sure he hadn't froze to death.

Ranboo felt Tubbo's chest for a moment.

"Yeah, his heart is beating. He's good." He said. I nodded.

We waited about ten minutes before Tubbo woke up.

"Are we there yet?" He asked. I laughed. "No, we aren't." I said. "We've got about twelve hours of walking left." Ranboo added. Tubbo groaned. "We've been walking for literal months!" He said. "It's been a week and a half." "Exactly, like I said, months."

I rolled my and stood up, popping my back.

"We better get a move on if we wanna get there anytime soon." I said. "Yup. And if it starts to snow again, I'd like if we were closer than twelve hours." Ranboo said as they stood too.

After a bit of time, we had our things together, and we continued to walk down the old dirt road in the almost knee deep snow.

Phil's POV

"I can't believe this. We're gonna find them froze to death in a cave somewhere. Why would they leave when it was nearing winter?" I asked. "Phil, for the thousandth time, the didn't know. We didn't know, at that. It's hard to keep track of the seasons anymore." Techno replied.

I was so worried for the three boys. They could be dead in a alley a hundred miles back and we're following nothing for all I knew.

"Would you look at that." Wilbur laughed under his breath, pointing into a cave. "Looks like they camped here last night." He said, as there was what seemed to be a burn out campfire in the cave.

"And look, footprints." Techno pointed. "I think they're just fine, Phil." He patted my shoulder. I nodded.

Tommy's POV
hours later

"We have about half an hour left. We're almost there! Woo!" Ranboo pumped his fists into the air. "Yes!" I laughed in relief. "Woo..." Tubbo tiredly said.

"Aw, Tubs," I wrapped an arm around him. "You can sleep when we get there. Shall I carry thee?" I asked. "If you every try to pick me up I will stab you." He replied. I nodded, laughing.

We made it to a city. It looked quiet. Like maybe there weren't any Zombies or anything around here.

"There it is." Ranboo pointed to a large building made of glass. "It's glass and it's still standing?" I asked. Ranboo nodded.

We went that way. It was still bitter cold out, and lightly flurrying. Tubbo seemed very out of energy.

I could see us nearing. We weren't very far away. I saw two men standing outside the doors, who seemed to be guards. I recognized one of them. It was that 'Dream' guy that had almost killed me.

"We made it! Woo-hoo!" Ranboo jumped with joy, grabbing the guards attention.

I suddenly heard a noise from behind me. I turned and pulled out my pistol, which Ranboo had taught he how to accurately use. There were Zombies. Six of them.

They weren't after me, but after Tubbo and Ranboo. I pushed Tubbo behind me and shot one of then in the head, and it collapsed.

Tubbo grabbed his machete and helped himself.

Ranboo took down two, I got another, and there were two on Tubbo.

Tubbo had fallen to the ground and the Zombie had called with him and he kicked it it as it tried to bite his leg. I shot one and Tubbo kicked the other off of himself so he could stand, and Ranboo shot it.

"Are you boys ok?" The guards asked as they only just now managed to make it to us. "We're good. You ok Tubbo?" I asked. Tubbo nodded, not speaking. "Are you boys alone? Do you need to come inside?" The one in green asked.

"We uh- we were actually on our way here. We've came from New York City." Ranboo paused, looking at me. "We think we might have a cure to end this apocalypse." He said.

The two guards looked at each other wide-eyed.

"Please, come on inside then."

They began to walk away, signaling for us to follow.

We began to follow, and I saw Tubbo limping.

"Woah, you good?" I asked. "Yeah, I just twisted my ankle when I fell." He smiled. I nodded.

We then went inside.

Words: 1,115