Wɪᴛʜ Tʜᴇɪʀ Tᴀɴᴋs, ᴀɴᴅ Tʜᴇɪʀ Bᴏᴍʙs, ᴀɴᴅ Tʜᴇɪʀ Bᴏᴍʙs, ᴀɴᴅ Tʜᴇɪʀ Gᴜɴs

TW// cussing, violence, crying, talk of killing, wanting to sacrifice himself?

Tommy's POV

There was probably fifteen of them. This was an area that was heavily occupied by the Z's. We were trying to pass through to get to a supply shelter for food, but there was too many of them.

We were forced to fight them off. Ranboo had their pistol, Tubbo had his machete, Phil had his rifle, Wilbur had his flare gun that he uses to burn them, and Techno had his axe. Wilbur also had a tomahawk for when he needed it. And I had my sword.

I thought we had killed them all. We stood there catching our breath.

"We gotta go before more show up." Wilbur panted. "Yeah, it's that way, right?" I asked pointing in a direction. Dad nodded.

I heard a noise that no one else heard. Before I could react, I felt something sink into my arm from behind me.

I screamed in pain, hitting whatever it was with my sword. It was a Z. I was officially done. There's no recovering from a Z bite. It then got my other arm, ripping a hole in it.

Techno slammed his axe into the Z's head and it collapsed.

I dropped my sword, breathing heavily.

"Oh my gods..." Dad covered his mouth.

"Tommy-" Techno began to walk towards me. "Don't come near me!" I gasped, backing away. He stopped walking. "D-Don't come near me." I repeated. "I can't hurt you. You guys have to go without me, I'll kill you." I said, tears running down my face.

I wasn't ready to die.

What's it like being a Z? Am I trapped in my mind, unable to control what my body does? Forever?

"Tommy, we can't leave you here." Tubbo said. "You have to! If I go with you, you'll either have to kill me or I'll kill all of you!" I said.

We were near the tree line going into the forest.

"I'm so sorry, I should have been more careful. I'm sorry, I love you guys."

I turned around and ran into the trees. I could hear Techno yelling for me but I didn't stop. I can't hurt them, they're my family.

I was deep into the forest and it was pitch black out. I was so exhausted, and confused as to why I hadn't turned yet.

I tripped on a root sticking out of the ground and landed on my back. I was too weak to get back up. The blood loss from my wounds had gotten to me. I just laid there until I fell into a groggy sleep.

I sat up on the sofa, breathing heavily. I could have killed them. I could have fucking killed them. It's my fault I'm like this. It's all my fault. I should have reacted faster.

"Tommy? Hey, Tommy, what's wrong, mate?" I heard a voice ask. I looked up, seeing dad there. "I-I'm sorry..." I said. "What for?" "I could have killed you all. I should have reacted faster. I shouldn't have let it bite me." "You remember what happened?" Dad asked. I nodded.

"It's not your fault, mate." He said, sitting beside of me. "There was nothing you could have done. You were very brave, running away like that. You could have stayed with us, but you didn't. That takes courage."

"I just...I didn't wanna hurt you all." I cried. Dad pulled me into a hug, and I hugged back.

We sat like that for a while.

"You try to go back to sleep, ok?" Dad said. I nodded, wiping my face. "Night." He said. "G'night." I replied.

I then fell back to sleep after about five minutes.

Time skip

I woke up do distant but stern voices. They seemed to be coming from another room in the basement. I stood up from the sofa, walking that way. I peeked into the room, seeing them all sitting at a table.

"I mean, really, how the hell did he not turn? He got two very serious bites. He should have turned within minutes." Dad said. "We don't fucking know how, Phil! It doesn't make sense!" Techno replied.

"Is he immune?" Tubbo's voice broke the short silence. "That's impossible." Wilbur replied. "Apparently not, Wilbur. Because he clearly is." Ranboo budded in. "But why him? Why is he immune, and no one else is? What's so special about him?" Techno asked.

It was silent.

"Do you think if someone tried, they could make a cure with him?" Tubbo asked. "What?" Ranboo questioned. "Like, if someone were to find out he's immune, could they make a cure with his DNA, is what I mean. There's obviously something with his DNA or is blood that makes him immune, so could that be taken and made into a cure?"

There was a short pause.

"Tubbo, are you suggesting that we sell him to science? Because that is not happening." Dad said firmly. "Oh, gods, no! That's not what I meant at all! I was just wondering if that would be possible. Like if someone just took him." Tubbo gasped.

"Can I do that?" I asked, walking in the room.

"Tommy! How long have you been listening?" Dad asked. "Since you asked how the hell I didn't turn." I replied. "But really, can I?" I asked again. They exchanged glances. "Can you what?"

"Make a cure. If I can save the fucking world by giving my blood, I want to. I would rather me possibly die from them taking too much blood than hundreds and thousands of more people that I could have saved." I said. "No, Tommy, we aren't even gonna try that." Dad said.

"Well why the fuck not? Would you rather me die, or your entire fucking family possibly die?" I asked.

"We aren't selling you to science, Tommy! End of discussion!" Dad raised his voice. He winced from his tone, exhaling. "I'm seventeen, Phil. I can make my own decisions." I said.

I then realized that I said his actual name instead of 'dad.' He seemed to notice, and looked slightly upset, so I tried to change the subject away from the whole cure thing.

"How long was I gone? After I was bitten, I mean." I said. They all besides Phil looked slightly confused. "I remembered what happened. I got bit so I ran off so I wouldn't hurt you all." I added.

"You were gone for a week and two days." Ranboo answered. "I was unconscious in the middle of the woods for a week? Huh, I figured it was just a day or two." I exhaled.

It was quiet for a few moments.

"I'll get you a new shirt. I don't like seeing your ribs like that." Tubbo said, standing. "Oh, yeah, that'd be nice." I replied.

I followed him to a nearby room and he tossed a new shirt at me, new trousers, and then left.

The new shirt was the same as the one I was already wearing, and the khakis were just shorts now.

When I put the shirt on, it immediately started to turn slightly red from my gaping wound in my side. I shrugged, and walked out of the room.

"Sorry about the blood," I said, "but I can't really control it because my side is tore open with my ribs exposed." "Oh, yeah, that's fine." Tubbo shrugged it off.

The two of us walked back to where the others were.

"I can't believe he wants to possibly die just to save the world." I heard dad say. I stopped walking so I could listen, so Tubbo did too. "Just to save the world? That's not a 'just' situation, it's literally saving the world, Phil. And you know Tommy. He's such a kind soul. He'd give you the shirt off of his back in a snow storm." Techno replied.

"I mean, when he got bit, at the moment, instead of wanting to spend his last moments with his family, he ran so we would be safe. Most kids would have clung to their fathers in fear and cried, but he ran. He cared about us more than himself. Of course he'd want to let himself go to save the world." Wilbur added.

"I-I know, but, he's my son. I don't want him to die to save others. We just got him back." Dad said. "I know, we don't want him to die either." Ranboo said.

I walked back into the room and they shut up. I pretend like I hadn't heard them at all.

Words: 1,435