ⵊᴛ's Tʜᴇ Sᴀᴍᴇ Oʟᴅ Tʜᴇᴍᴇ Sɪɴᴄᴇ Nɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ-Sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

TW// cussing, injuries, passing out, restraining, dead bodies, guns, murder

Tommy's POV

We were took to a clean white room where a lady sat at a large desk. She seemed to be the head scientist of the facility.

"Hello, ma'am." Ranboo bowed his head. "There's no need for the bow. I'm no royal. Just call me Ms Miller." She said. Ranboo nodded. "Now, who are you three and what are you doing here? Why were you let in?" She asked.

"Ms Miller, we think we may have a cure to end all of this." Ranboo said. She paused for a moment. "That is impossible. I've done my research. The only way to find a cure is by someone who isn't fully effected. And that is impossible." She said.

"Ma'am, I mean, Ms Miller," I said, "it is not impossible."

She tilted her head at me.

"And you think you know this, how?"

I unwrapped my bandaged bites and let her see them. Her eyes widened.

"Ms Miller, I've had these for weeks. I've only partially turned. My physical features have changed, but I'm still, well, human, I guess. As you may be able to tell by the fact that I'm standing here and speaking like a normal person." I said.

She looked like she didn't know what to say.

"Guards, Dream, Sapnap, take him to quarantine just in case. Test his blood." She said. "But be careful with him. He's still human, after all."

"I'll be back in a bit, you two." I smiled at Ranboo and Tubbo. They nodded. Tubbo looked a little off. Like he was sick. Probably from all the cold weather.

The two guards led me away and to a room with what seemed to be a hospital bed.

They informed who looked to be a doctor on what was happening, and then whispered something that I couldn't hear.

"Ok, kiddo! I'm gonna draw some blood." The doctor said. I nodded. He drew a few ounces of my blood, but then he stuck an IV in my arm. A few seconds later, I began to grow sleepy. I couldn't keep my eyes open.

What was happening?

What did they put in that IV?

Ranboo's POV
an hour later

Tubbo looked sick. I kept asking what was wrong, but he wouldn't tell me.

"Alright, boys, I've got your friend's blood results back." Ms Miller said as she walked in the room.

"Good and bad news." She said. "Good news, his blood did make a cure." She held up a small syringe that held a weirdly colored liquid. "Bad news, this is all his blood will make. Only some of his blood wasn't infected, and we took what wasn't, and this is all it made. We can't make a cure with the infection."

"So, what does this mean?" I asked.

"Well, we scanned him, and we can make many many many cures with his brain. The left side of his brain is different, and it's hard to explain to someone who doesn't know much about science. If we use his brain, then we can make enough to create a mist that we can spread everywhere to kill the infection. In order to make this, though, we will have to take his brain." She said.

I froze.

"Wait, does that mean...he'll die?" I asked. "Oh, sweetie, he's already dead. He's a Z. What's taking his brain gonna do?" She chuckled. "But he's still human! He can talk and everything!" I said. She didn't reply.

"This isn't what Tommy agreed to! He just said that we'd have you all take some blood, not his damn brain! Did- Did he agree to this? Where is he, I wanna talk to him." I stood up.

"Oh, hun, he's already being wheeled off to the surgery room. They'll be cutting into him in about an hour, and he's already under. He won't be waking up." She said. "And no, he didn't agree to it. I'm not gonna have a little Z child telling me what to do."

My heart dropped. This wasn't supposed to happen. We came all this way.

She began to walk away, and I followed after her.

"You bitch! What the hell is wrong with you? You're fucking crazy, you-" I was grabbed by a guard. "Take the two of them to quarantine. I don't want them near me. Theyre too dirty for my liking." She smiled, walking off.

The other guard pulled up Tubbo from his seat and seemed to cause Tubbo pain by doing this. He said he twisted his ankle, but he looked really sick. Maybe it was actually broke and the pain was making him sick.

"Let go of me, you bastard!" I tugged at my arm. "Look, kid, don't make this harder than it has to be, alright? I don't wanna lock you up but I also don't wanna loose my job. So shut the hell up and stop fighting." He said.

I stared into his eyes for what felt like an eternity before he began to drag me away, and the other followed with Tubbo.

We were thrown into a locked room that looked like a hospital room. They didn't even take our weapons.

I pulled my knife from its holder and tried to pick the lock with it.

"Just stop, Ranboo, it's no use. We're stuck here." Tubbo said. "What's with that attitude? Aren't you the one that usually never gives up?" I asked. He sighed.

I pulled out my gun, and shot the lock. Tubbo jumped from the sudden loud noise.

"Voila! Open lock." I said. I grabbed Tubbo's hand and pulled him up, leading us out of the room.

I looked at signs on the walls to figure out where we were. I saw a sign that said "OR - Operating Room" with an arrow pointing to a flight of stairs.

I jogged up them with Tubbo following behind me slowly. How are we gonna get home when he's injured so bad?

I saw another sigh that said the same thing but with an arrow pointing to the right, so I went that way.

I spotted guards and I pulled Tubbo and I behind a large pillar. There was no way we'd get past them, and I had never killed a living human. Only Z's.

I shakily exhaled.

"Tubbo, close your eyes and cover your ears." I whispered. "W-Why?" He asked. "Just do it. I'll tap on your shoulder three times when you can open then. I don't care what you hear, don't open your eyes." I said.

Tubbo nodded and squeezed his eyes shut, and covered his ears.

I pulled my pistol out and peered around the corner. There were three of them. Easy take-down.

I shot all three of them in the head as fast as I could so they couldn't run.

I removed Tubbo's hands from his ears but he kept his eyes shut.

"Keep them closed. I'm gonna lead you away." I said.

Sure, Tubbo had seen plenty of dead bodies before, but it's different when it's actual living humans that your own friend killed. He had only ever seen me kill Z's, and I didn't want him to see the bodies of human I'd killed. I felt bad myself.

After we passed then and turned a corner, I tapped Tubbo's should three times, and he opened his eyes.

"Did you kill them?" He asked. I pulled him into a hug, not answering.

Phil's POV

As we entered the garage area of the facility, I spotted tanks and army jeeps that seemed like they still worked. Maybe we'd take one of those to get home faster.

I heard a gunshot and then silence. We continued into the building and a minute later I heard three more gunshots. That sounded like Ranboo's pistol, but I don't know. It could be anyones pistol.

We went up a few flights of stairs before hearing four more shots, mixed with yelling. I heard Ranboo's voice thrown in there.

We ran up the steps faster, and then down a hall. We passed three dead bodies on the way.

Words: 1,360