Aɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ Hᴇᴀᴅ Hᴀɴɢs Lᴏᴡʟʏ, Cʜɪʟᴅ ɪs Sʟᴏᴡʟʏ Tᴀᴋᴇɴ

TW// cussing, blood, gore, explosions, fire

Tommy's POV
(I would put ???'s POV since he doesn't remember his name, but you know who he is, so that's pointless)

I woke up to the bright sun shining into my eyes. I squinted them, holding my hand up to block the light. I felt weird. Like maybe I was getting sick. But it was different.

I sat up, noticing that I was on the ground in the middle of nowhere. Trees surrounded me and the sun shone through the tops of them. I stood up, and then spotted a huge bloody wound on my left arm. I didn't know how it got there.

Actually, when I thought about it, I didn't know anything.

How did I get here? What happened? Why do I feel so weird? Where do I live? Who do I know? Who am I, to be exact?

I heard an explosion in the distance. It sounded very far away. I didn't know what else to do, so I went in the direction where I heard it.

As I walked, I fancied a snack. I wasn't hungry at all, but I just wanted a little something to nibble on. I passed many trees and bushes that held food, but none of it seemed very appetizing.

I walked for who knows how long before I saw smoke raising up far above the trees. I heard screams and gunshots. It made me nervous. I exited the tree line, into a city. Building were burning or fallen over, and the whole city looked like something from an apocalyptic movie.

Wait, what's a movie again? Why did that strange word come to my mind? And why do I remember what some things are but not others?

I walked down the street silently. There wasn't a single person in sight. Cars were crashed and stores appeared to be looted.

I spotted someone in the distance. They looked hurt. They walked with a limp and they were hunched over. They were covered in blood and their skin was ripped. It was a gut wrenching sight.

"Excuse me, are you ok?" I asked, going over to the person. Their head turned to me and I gasped. They weren't alive, were they? They sure as hell didn't look like they were.

Their shirt was torn and I could see their ribs. Not from being hungry, I could literally see their bone. Their side was tore open.

I quickly walked away as I turned to not get sick. I had never seen such gore. Or had I? What happened before I woke up?

I continued to walk and then I suddenly found myself in a crowd of many undead looking people. There was probably fifty or more of them. I also saw that it was now dark outside.

I heard a loud explosion that was probably less than twenty feet from me. I fell to the ground from the shake the explosion caused and my ears rang for a few moments. I looked up, seeing the half dead people walking towards the fire like they were attracted to it, and a few laid still on the ground as if the explosion had fully killed them.

I wobbly got up and went in the opposite direction.

"Why isn't that one going to the fire?" I heard a voice say. They sounded far away, but I have noticed that every sound I hear is enhanced ever since I woke up. "Is it dead? It can't be a survivor, can it? The others aren't attacking it." A different voice said.

Why would they be attacking me? Did I do something?

I quickly left, not wanting to hear the disgusting sounds the half dead people made.

Words: 625