ⵊɴ Yᴏᴜʀ Hᴇᴀᴅ, ⵊɴ Yᴏᴜʀ Hᴇᴀᴅ, Tʜᴇʏ Aʀᴇ Fɪɢʜᴛɪɴɢ

TW// cussing, talk of fighting and self hate, being scared of yourself, death mention

Tommy's POV

I was lead to a sofa, and told to sit, so I did. The others sat on the sofa or in chairs in front of me.

"So, Tommy, let me explain to you who everyone is." Dad said. I nodded.

"I'm your dad, Phil. That is Techno, your older brother, and your other older brother, Wilbur." He pointed to each of them. "Techno taught you how to fight. He also thought you how to read and write. Wilbur taught you piano and he's your play buddy!" Phil, or, dad went on to tell me things about my supposed brothers. I didn't commentate, I just listened.

"And he," He pointed to Tubbo. "Is Tubbo, or Toby. He's been your best friend since you were six." Dad said. "And...how old am I now?" I asked. I could see in his eyes that it saddened him that I knew literally nothing about myself. "You're seventeen." He said. I nodded.

I felt robbed. Like my entire life had been taken from me. It angered me, but it also made me unbelievably sad. I just wanted to cry.

He told me things about Tubbo and things we did together.

"And finally, this is Ranboo, as you already know. They became your friend about two years ago." He then told me things about Ranboo.

When he told me things about all of them, I did sort of remember a little bit of it, but they were just like vast memories in the back of my mind. Like a childhood memory that you've forgotten about.

"I-I do sort of recognize some of that stuff. Not a lot, though." I said. "I'm...really sorry that I don't remember you all. I can't imagine how upset that makes you." Tears began to well in my eyes from how shitty I felt.

"Oh, don't cry, Tommy. It's ok, we understand. It's not your fault." Dad said, pulling me into a hug.

"What happened to me? And...what happened to the city? Why is everyone fighting? And why is stuff burning? And- And why are people...eating each other?" I asked, hesitating my last question. "I mean, that's revolting. And they're doing it in front of everyone? Isn't that something you do in secret and then get arrested when you get caught?"

They looked back and forth from each other.

"A-About a year ago, something happened. A facility was testing different chemicals and they created something and it caused an outbreak. A zombie outbreak, at that. You remember hat zombies are?" Dad asked. I thought for a second and then nodded. "It got bad and one thing led to another and probably the whole world is apocalyptic." He said.
(That's cheesy asf but idc)

"Oh, that's awful. Why would they experiment with unknown chemicals? That's so stupid." I rolled my eyes.

I then paused.

"Wait. I saw myself in glass earlier. Am...Am I a zombie?"

I hadn't really made that connection. Like I was in denial and didn't even realize.

"Well, you sort of are one? I mean, you're clearly infected, but you don't act like the others." Dad said.

"How? H-How did I get like this? I survived a year, right? What happened that made me like this? I'm- I'm disgusting! I look horrific. I'm...a monster." I covered my mouth with both my hands. "No, Tommy, you aren't. You're just fine how you are." Dad said.

"No I'm not! I'm not fine! People are scared of me! Everyone ran when they saw me! Fuck, someone almost shot me in the head with an arrow!" I said.

"Who- Who almost shot you?" Techno asked.

"I don't fucking know. There were two of them. They were men. One was wearing green and the other wore blue. The one in blue kept calling the other 'Dream' I think. Some code name or something, I guess." I said.

"Woah, wait- Dream?" Wilbur asked. I nodded, confused. "I thought he and his team left the city." Tubbo said. "Apparently not." Techno huffed.

It was silent for a bit, when Tubbo spoke.

"Ohhhhh, shit." He chuckled slightly. "I just realized something. I think Ranboo and I almost killed you earlier, Tommy." He said. I blinked a few times. "What?"

"Yeah, I guess that was you. I mean, the person looked dead but they weren't attracted to the fire and they ran, so I guess it was you?" "Wait- you're the ones who made that thing explode?" I asked. Tubbo nodded.

"Ha! See, Phil? I told you we weren't crazy!" Ranboo said loudly. "I guess so." Dad replied.

"I have a question." I said. "Ask away." Dad replied.

"If you're my dad, where is my mum? I mean, I'm your actual kid, right? If I'm adopted then I can see why I may not have a mum, like if you've never been married." I said.

Dad bit his lip, sighing.

"She didn't make it past the second month of it all. But yes, you're my actual kid." He said. "Oh...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked."

It was quiet.

I felt tired, and I think Wilbur noticed.

"Are you tired?" He asked. I shrugged. "Can dead people be tired?" I asked, rolling my eyes at myself. I felt disgusted at myself. I was also kind of scared at myself. I was afraid that I'd end up fully turning and hurting one of them.

After a little bit, I was by myself again. They had all gone ti their separate rooms for the night, and I had the sofa. Apparently, they didn't use the upstairs anymore, as it was unsafe.

I fell asleep, still thinking about my unanswered question.

What made me like this?

Words: 965