✦6✦

𝓚𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓸𝓻 𝓑𝓮 𝓚𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓭

I was just sitting in the parlor thinking about my children, my past my future and a certain forest eyed Mikaelson. Stefan left earlier saying he had to talk to Elena about something and Damon left for some kind of charity picnic or god knows what, I mean the number of parties these people hold doesn't leave time for studies and stuff like that, I am a English teacher and I haven't even completed half the syllabus. Its so peaceful right no-

Ahh think of peace and its ruined, Caroline's calling me, oh goody. "Yes Care, is there any problem?" "Ahh yes Miss. Salvatore, I guess my mom's onto me, she is going on about how am acting a bit different nowadays." "Ohh that's bad, I will see to it, tell her to meet me tomorrow at school for a personal meeting regarding you." "Umm, you see Miss. Salvatore, being the sheriff and all she is a bit busy can you come to the Historical Society Volunteer Picnic? I had signed her up and she is up for spend some 'quality time' with her daughter." "Okay, yaa sure I will attend it seeing as its so 'historical' you know" I laugh at the ridiculousness of the picnic. "Seriously, Thanks Miss. Salvatore" "Call me Anjali, Caroline."

Now I have to get ready, as always I picked some straight cut pants with a loose satin spaghetti blouse and paired it with a blazer. Just another save the children day for me.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"This is all part of the historical society, continuing efforts to give back to the community. Thanks to the generous donation of the Fell family, we are now standing on the sight of our newest public park. Thank you to everyone who has shown up today to lend a helping hand. Thanks." This speech has not changed since the 1860's, the Lockwood's ruling the town and the Fells giving the largest donations.

I walk ahead and find Stefan talking to Mason, well I trust him to save Damon from the idiotic behavior he showed last night, shoving a sliver knife in a werewolf who promised not to hurt them, werewolves are loyal creatures the don't break promises, I sadly can't say the same for my son though.

"So suddenly, she's in the running for Mother of the Year just when I'm trying to avoid her the most. I'm babbling, you don't want to hear all this." "I don't know about Elena but I for sure want to hear about it" Caroline's eyes brighten up and she runs to hug me. "Umm, you give the best hugs Anjali" I chuckle and open my arms to Elena too.

"Don't leave the tea unattended for long tell us what happened after." "Well, I was a bitch which is par for the course with us. So, how are things with you and Stefan? Anything?" why is Care so invested in Elena's relationship, is she... wait no I should not jump to conclusions. "No, not since the fight. He's been pushing me away because he thinks that Katherine might get jealous enough to hurt me. I just don't know how to change his mind." "You said that Katherine's dangerous. Maybe he's got a point." Yeah no, she is probably what I am thinking she is, Katherine's spy.

"Yeah, I know that she's dangerous and I know that he's just trying to protect me but it feels like giving up and I just..." "Just what?" "I just thought that we were stronger than that." I have had enough of this teenage drama, i just wanna leave now, let them carry on with their oh so great plans. "Hey Care, call me when your mom's around you okay?"

"Hey, I saw you with Mason earlier. What was that about?" I walk off to Liz and Day. "Oh, I ah, I just asked him to help with the cleanup in the woods." I wave my hand at them and the acknowledge me back. "That's why I'm here for, put me to work. Should I go help him?" "Yeah I might help too, by watching but that does count as helping right?" We all laugh but I see something's not right with Liz.

"Oh no. You know, he's...I'm sure he's fine." "Are you okay, Liz? You seem really upset." I ask this might be the time to talk to her about Caroline. "It's Caroline. We had a moment." Bingo! I knew it. "Is there anything I can do?" Damon asks. "No, Damon. Thank you. It's just horrible parental skills paying off in spades." "Yeah Liz about that, we need to talk. Can we please have a moment Champ?" Damon nods and gives us space.