✦7✦

𝓟𝓵𝓪𝓷 𝓑

"G'Mornin sunshine" Caroline lazily opens her eyes. "Uhh, lemme sleep some more." "Nah, get your ass off the bed and come to the kitchen with me, I will make you something to eat." I throw a pillow at her and she groans. I chuckle and leave to the kitchen. While am making breakfast there's a knock on the door. "Champ, can you get the door?" Damon nods and walks off towards the door.

"Mom, its Jeremy." "Actually, I need to talk to you." I walk towards them after serving Care. "And why do I need to talk to you?" Damon tries to close the door and i whack him upside down. "Come on in Jer, tell me what you wanna say." I sling my arms around him and move him towards the couch while he laughs at Damon. "Tyler Lockwood has to kill someone to activate his curse. He's not a werewolf yet." "Oh, that's great for us because there is no cure for a werewolf bite."

"But Mason Lockwood is and he's looking for a moonstone, a special rock connected to the werewolf legend. That's why he's here." Oh now I get it, that mutt had some business, well no longer cause am gonna kill him. "A moonstone?" "Yeah there is some curse or something, I don't remember. I will search it when I next visit my office." I quickly take out my cell and ping Severus.  "And I know where it is." "And you're bringing us this why?" Both Day and I had a serious poker face on. "Do I need a reason? Look, I just want to help, okay?"

"What's your sister say about this little discovery?" I ask him and he doesn't answer. "Well, well guess she doesn't know about this, does she?" "And you're a Gilbert and you just can't help yourself. Wow. Your search for life's purpose is as obvious as it is tragic." Damon says and I glare at him. "You wanna say that again, huh? Where are your manners Champ?" he grumbles and walks away.

"You going to let me in or not?" I sigh "Okay, but I call the shots, when I say back off you back off. When I say run you run." "Done Boss" We both laugh and I give him some of the food I prepared for Caroline.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"You didn't eat much." Care and I were with Liz in the Basement, well more like the shell of Liz Forbes. "Good news: Doctor Damon said the vervain is almost out of your system. So with any luck, you'll be freshly compelled and back in your own bed by tonight." I say trying to make her talk. Care starts to get frustrated "Are you really just gonna pretend like I don't exist?" "Yes, so please go." Tears well up in her eyes.

"As usual, you don't care. Got it. Just like before I was a vampire. It's not like I died or anything." I walk over to the plate while Caroline opens the door. "Are you...Are you really dead?" "Yes and no." She is just confusing Liz more than she already is. "How is it possible?" I walk back upstairs hearing the doorbell ring.

"Ric! Hey drinking buddy." He laughs and hugs me. "What are you doing here?" He asks Jeremy with a slight edge to his tone. "Helping Damon, Anjali said she is fine with me helping. I'm the one who found out about the moonstone." Alaric looks towards me, I shrug. "What, he can be convincing. Well either way I told him he is under my watch so no need to worry you little head. Now what have you got?" Damon starts to dig through the box and takes out a book.

"This is Isobel research's from Duke. Her assistant sent it to me." "Mmm, Vanessa. The hottie." Alaric takes the book out of Damon's hands and I laugh. "Vanessa, yes. Now, do you remember the old Aztec curse she told us about?" "Sun and the moon, blah blah blah blah blah." "Yeah I know something like that too, Severus texted me telling that supposedly vampires and werewolves used to roam freely until a shaman put a curse on them to limit their power. Since then, werewolves can only turn on a full moon and vampires are weakened by the sun."

Jeremy walks over to us and slings his arm over my shoulder. "An Aztec curse? Cool." I ruffle his hair smiling. Damon wiggles his fingers, showing his daylight ring. "Most of them, anyway." "Yeah, some of them burn in the sun, woosh" I give Champ a fist bump. "According to the legend, the werewolf part of the curse is sealed with the moonstone." Alaric opens a map which has pictures showing the story of the Sun and the Moon curse.