• Dance - Part 2 •

💔

The plan now was to wallow in his room like the complete loser he was. Sure, he could still go the dance without a partner, but it seems as though everyone going together have become a couple in the process, and Izuku wasn't about to be a third wheel for fifty or more people!

Before he reached his room, he stopped in front of Katsuki's. After all, they're right next to one another. Convenient.

He couldn't help but think of Ochaco earlier hinting at something going on between him and Katsuki. It made Izuku laugh at how ridiculous it sounded.

Him? Asking Katsuki to the dance? That's practically asking for an early grave.

He and Katsuki finally had a normal friendship once again. No way in hell was Izuku about to mess that up by asking a question he already knew the harsh answer to.

But, Katsuki made an effort to help him in his dilemma. It only seemed right to let him know how it went and thank him again, despite the not-so-great outcome.

He hesitantly knocked on the door and was surprised at how quickly the blonde had opened it as if he happened to be standing there the whole time.

"Didn't go so well, huh?" Katsuki was quick to figure that out, which wasn't too surprising to Izuku. The blonde practically read him like a book.

"Heh, what gave it away?"

"Easy. Your facial expression and body language. Only an idiot wouldn't be able to see that." Katsuki crossed his arms with a smirk, proud of how smart he was. Rightfully so.

Izuku wasn't sure how to respond other than saying something along the lines of 'well, thanks for the advice anyway', but before he could even shape the words with his lips, Katsuki went ahead and spoke again.

"Wanna talk about it?" He softly asked, moving his body aside to allow the greenette access to his room, which he wasn't expecting at all.

No one was ever allowed into Katsuki's room, how could Izuku let this opportunity go to waste? Of course he gladly took the offer and entered.

The blonde allowed him to sit on his bed whilst the former sat on his computer chair, swiveling it in Izuku's direction.

"Whenever you're ready." Katsuki rested his chin in the palm of his hand.

Izuku struggled to look Katsuki in his eyes, not sure if it was because of his embarrassment or because of the words Ochaco spoke minutes ago that haunted his mind.

"Well, the truth is I didn't even ask her to go with me. I brought up the dance and she told me she was going with Iida. Apparently, she ended up having a crush on him instead of me, which in retrospect is great since I never even liked her that way."

Katsuki's head cocked once Izuku finished his first set of thoughts.

"Maybe I deserved this, you know? I was so desperate to go to the dance with a partner that I was going to go with Ochaco because she seemed like the easiest to ask because I assumed she liked me. Now I don't get to go with anyone." He laughed to himself in defeat, "I didn't know I was this much of a jerk."

Katsuki sighed, "You're not a jerk, Izuku. You wanted to go with her as a friend, it doesn't matter if she had feelings for you or not, you weren't using her. If anything, you're a loser."

"Gee, thanks Kacchan." Izuku sarcastically responded.

"What's so special about this dance to you anyway?" Katsuki leaned back in his seat, awaiting the other male's answer.