• Freckles •

💚

For the most part, Izuku was fairly good at keeping his feelings to himself. Yes, he was a very emotional male, but there was a lot he was able to hide behind his bright smile.

With everyone knowing how ambitious he is about becoming a hero, no one expected that there were things he cared about, specifically typical teenager insecurities.

But, he was still human. Of course, he had insecurities. He knew the Japanese beauty standards and there was something he had that kept him from being conventionally attractive.

His freckles.

Luckily, he only had eight of them. He'd feel a lot worse if he was covered in them. But still, he had them.

He never told anyone, nor would anyone ever guess it, but they made him feel ugly.

Sure, being a hero was a priority but he didn't mind the idea of settling down with a significant other one day. But, was that even possible?

How could anyone love someone as unattractive as him?

It never bothered him too much, only when he had to see himself in the mirror.

But things were different now. The war is over and he's in his final year of high school. Sure, there was still hero training he was undergoing, but now there was plenty of time for him to contemplate his looks.

Lately, it was all he could think about. Perhaps it was because the overlord of pure evil was gone, and while villains were still out there, the chance of having a love life felt more inviting.

A lot of his classmates started getting into relationships after the war. Izuku wished he could've done the same, but his damn freckles were holding him back.

Who could love someone with freckles? It's a complete flaw of the human body. At least, that's how Izuku viewed them. He would do anything to get them off his face.

When he was bored, he'd pulled on his cheeks, hoping for a miracle that he'd pick out the freckles from his cheeks. Of course, it wasn't practical, but whenever he was depressed it was the most he could do.

He looked up on the internet for possible surgeries to get rid of them, but it all boiled down to simply covering them up with makeup.

It was worth a shot. He didn't know anything about make up but if it was able to hide his flaws, he'd take the chance.

He got permission from Aizawa to leave the dorms for an hour at the very least. He was on his way to the front doors when he was stopped by a familiar voice.

"Oi, Izuku," Katsuki spoke, making Izuku jump and turn toward him.

"K-Kacchan, you scared me!" He nervously smiled at the blonde across from him as he approached him.

"You're one to talk. I'm surprised to see you outside of your room. I thought you were hibernating or something."

"N-No, I've just been busy, that's all." He assured.

"Well, just because All For One is six feet under, you better not be slacking on your training. It's been a while since we sparred. I've gotten stronger since we last fought. Don't get weak on me, Izuku."