• Dance - Part 1 •

🎉

Despite the school's focus on training young adults into becoming the heroes of tomorrow, they were still teenagers that deserved to have a break every once in a while.

It was planned that after the second war against All For One and the league of villains, the school would host another festival to lessen the tension and hardships of the past few months.

After all, these seventeen-year-olds went through two wars, one of them even left the school to fight on his own until the rest of the class came to set him straight.

And that particular student has a certain someone he wants to ask out to the school dance.

After all of the festivities, the teachers decided to give back to the students by hosting a late-night party with Present Mic presuming the role of the DJ.

And while it would be mostly party music, everyone was aware that at some point, there would be a slow dance as the teachers kept hinting at it and telling all the students they should ask someone to go to the party with them, despite that everyone would be going regardless.

Having a quirk and being a hero had its perks, it was Izuku's dream, after all, but even then there are times when it's nice to just be a normal teenager for a day. He could especially use it after all he's been through, too.

He even knew exactly who to ask out for the late-night party.

His classmate and friend, Ochaco Uraraka.

Izuku had a pretty good idea of who would ask who out, so after calculating all of his options, he landed on Ochaco. Personally, he didn't have any feelings for her so it wouldn't be as if he was asking her out but knowing she liked him thanks to a froggy friend that kept pestering him about it, she seemed to be the perfect candidate.

He's never asked a girl out to a dance, though. Hell, when there were school dances in middle school, he didn't even dare to try and even say 'hello' to a girl. Although, those were rather difficult times in general for him.

He reminded himself he would just be asking her as a friend, so he wasn't under as much pressure as Kirishima was when he wanted to ask out Ashido to the dance, and to no one's surprise she said yes to him.

It shouldn't be that difficult then. He and Ochaco were great friends, after all. All he had to do was ask her to go to the dance with him. Plain and simple.

But no matter how many times he told himself that, in reality, he was a complete mess.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" An aggressive voice provoked the greenette from behind, making him turn to see the familiar sharp look of his childhood friend as numerous sweat beads dripped from his forehead.

"O-Oh, Kacchan! It's just you!" He sighed in relief, "There's nothing wrong! Nothing wrong at all!" He managed to smile back at his friend.

"There's nothing wrong, my ass! You're shaking, sweating, and mumbling to yourself like a complete nerd. What's gotten into you?"

Izuku sighed, in defeat this time around. He decided to explain to Katsuki of his dilemma, his pointer fingers rapidly tapping one another as his eyes darted around the hallway they were currently standing in, "S-So this is p-probably going to sound really stupid to you since it's not really your thing and you probably-"

"Get to the point." The blonde crossed his arms.

"R-Right." The greenette took a deep breath, helping to compose his thoughts, "The school dance is coming up and Aizawa keeps telling us to go with another classmate. Everyone has been asking each other out left and right and... Well... I wanna do the same. I really want to ask Ochaco to go with me but I'm really nervous about it. I don't know how I should ask her or what to say..."