001 Summer Paradise

"Well, your left hand's freeAnd your right's in gripWith another left handWatch his right hand slipTowards his gun"

And your right's in grip
With another left hand
Watch his right hand slip
Towards his gun"

-left hand free,
alt-j

cali was a pogue through and through. no, she might not have been born one or grew us with them but she had fit in perfectly.

there was a beautiful word that she had came across once. saudade. it meant a nostalgic longing to be near again to something or someone that is distant or that has been loved, then lost. that how calista felt about her old life. she missed it in a nostalgic way, but not in a way that she would return to it.

she had lived on figure eight for ever since she was born. she became the kook princess when she began dating topper, the king of the rich kids. she never told anyone but she had always felt more like a piece of arm candy than an actual person to be loved.

up until calistas 15th birthday she lived her life with the rich kids, plastering on a smile and wearing short dresses. that was until her dads investment company turned out to be one huge scam. he had caused most of the richer families to lose large amounts of money, leaving everyone on figure eight hating them.

so when they lost all their money and were forced to move to the cut, topper broke up with calista instantly and all her friends shut her out. cali was left with nothing. no friends. no stuff. nothing.

and just as she was ready to walk into the ocean, never returning, her old friend from when she was younger walked up to her. she invited cali to a kegger with her friends.

that was it. the girl had fitted right in with them and automatically bonded with them all.

cali was most grateful for kiara. the girl had saved her, had given her a life that was worth living again. kie tied the pogues together, keeping them from doing stupid things or killing each other. she cared about the environment more than anyone else. kie had one of the voices, faces and personalities that made everyone listen to her.

then there was john b, known by others as the leader of them all. he let the girl crash at his house most days as cali never felt like going home. the two quickly became close with sharing a home since neither of them really had anyone else, ever since big john, the boys father, disappeared. john b never gave up on his father, he never believed that he was dead so the pogues supported him. they always did. that's what pogues do.

jj was like a brother to calista. he was the hot head of the group. from the blonde hair to the similar sarcastic attitudes, to any outsider they would be siblings. if anyone hurt her, jj would hurt them and vise versa. he had a habit for stealing anything he could or wanted to.  the boy was mainly the reason for any time that the group would get into trouble but they never said anything about it. it honestly made their lives more exciting.