22 just keep swimming

"Always an angel, never a god
Always an angеl, never a god
Always an angel, never a god

I don't know why I am the way I am
There's something in the static
I think I've been having revelations"

not strong enough
boygenius

"so john b is alive." cali said as her and jj sat on the porch of the chateau the next morning. "what else? um...ward killed someone, right in front of us. oh and, pope and kie are together, i think? if you told me a month all that would happen and me and you would be the boring ones, i wouldn't believe you."

jj let out a light laugh, "it's been pretty crazy, hasn't it?"

"just a little." cali said sarcastically, holding up her fingers with a tiny space between.

"okay you know i'm not good at all that deep stuff, but are you okay cali?" jj asked, catching the girl off guard. "i mean, this past week you've been..."

"drunk, isolated, mean, high."

"to name a few, yeah." jj smiled as he saw cali grin.

"i don't know man, i mean i thought john b and sarah were dead. and my coping mechanisms aren't amazing, so sorry about all that."

"you're good. i'm not one to talk anyway."

"we're kinda messed up aren't we?" cali sighed

"yeah..." jj nodded "i blame our parents."

"oh yeah definitely." cali felt her phone buzz in her pocket. she took it out, reading the text from pope out loud. "are we doing this now...?"

jj took his own phone out as another message came through from kiara.

i'm free. jj? cali?

cali typed in her reply.

let's go fishing

her and jj stood up, stepping off the porch and walking around to their bikes. cali had stolen her dads again, deciding to keep it this time for a while. it wasn't like he was going to miss it.

꧁❦꧂

"this is the north drain. it should've gotten washed  into the gully." jj told them as they stood around the end of the drain, trying not to step on the pile of rubbish that sat in the water. "so if it got flushed out from this drain, it would've been pushed out to, like-"

"some where in this trash" pope finished his sentence.

"correct." jj clicked his fingers as they stared at the pile of plastic bags.

kiara sighed heavily, "oh my god. people who use plastic should be shot."

"okay personally," jj began, picking up nets and beginning to detangle them, "i love plastic. use it everyday. love the stuff."

"okay well hopefully you recycle it and don't let it just flush into the ocean." kiara fired back and the boy went quiet.

"i thought you'd say something like that, so...trash bags." pope held up a large roll of black bin bags.