27 operation shawshank

"Feel the mornin' on my face
Ain't a pill that I didn't take
Just a lifetime 'cause it's been a long day
'Cause I'ma sleep when I R.I.P"

when i r.i.p.
labrinth

cali learned from a young age that there is no use in the phrase, "you've hit rock bottom." no matter how bad you think your life is, it can always get worse.

she had hoped it was a bad dream. if she closed and opened her eyes as they hid behind the large tree, she'd wake up on the couch in the chateau, ready for another day, just fishing and partying.

but it wasn't a dream. they had tried to run as fast as they could, but they were massively outnumbered. not to mention sarah's leg and being surrounded by dozens of men with guns.

so now, everytime she closed her eyes, she saw them running through the marsh. she saw jj drying off the gun, the fear that they'd all end up shot replaying in her head. she saw john b getting punched to the ground before being put in handcuffs and pushed into a cop car. she saw herself standing still in shock.

so now they sat in the benches of the courthouse, at their lowest rock bottom yet. rock bottom seemed infinite, just like numbers, like a circle, like the stars.

the judges gavel banging, dragged cali out of her panic and anxious filled daydreams. cali grabbed onto sarah's hand, in hopes it would comfort either one of them. "john booker routledge, pursuant to the north carolina statute section fourteen, you are charged with murder in the first degree with aggravated circumstances. if convicted, the maximum sentence with be the death penalty."

gasps filled the air as the gavel strike echoed the hall. people began clamouring and yelling. the five pogues sat in shock for a moment, not believing what they had heard. calis mouth fell open and her eyes became overwhelmed with tears.

jj sat up quickly and began yelling, "your honour, he's seventeen!"

pope pushed the boy away as the judge yelled at him to be quiet.

"he's 17! are you kidding me? hey john b, we're gonna figure it out."

john b began being dragged away as they all tried to calm jj down. "john b!" sarah yelled, running up to the front of the courthouse. "john b! no!"

a officer tried to push her back but kie and cali stepped in front of her, protecting the girl as john b looked back to her. "stop! don't touch her!" kie yelled at the man.

"sarah come on, let's get out of here quick." cali said as she linked their arms together and the five pogues began walking out of the courtroom. they stepped outside where people, mainly kooks, were whispering already about john b.

"justice is served."

"he had it coming."

"is this a joke? like, are we in hell or...?" kie asked as they gathered on the top of the steps, walking down them once they were all together.

"i should have never come home." sarah sighed, her face red and eyes puffy with tears.

"they're gonna kill him, guys. i know it." jj said.

"don't say that." cali swallowed, still not wanting to believe it was real. she felt sick to her stomach whenever she thought of what could happen to john b.

"i'm so sorry for what you and your family have gone through." the cameron's lawyer spoke louder to them, catching the pogues attention. "thank god the system works."