25 my baby shot me down

"And I've been meaning to tell you
I think your house is HAUNTED
Your dad is always MAD and that must be why
And I think you should come live with
ME and we can be pirates
Then you won't have to CRY"

seven
taylor swift

"anybody else starving?" jj asked as they drove through the marsh that was lit up by the yellow dusty sunrise.

"mhm." cali mumbled as she felt her stomach rumble from hunger.

"we need to grab some sort of breakfast." jj said as the boat slowed down at an abandoned wooden dock.

"we're gonna find some food." sarah smiled as pope helped the three girls out of the boat.

"gotta bring home that bacon." cali giggled as they walked down the pier.

they found a vegetable and fruit patch, searching for any food that they could bring back to the boat. kiara gasped while sarah and cali ate a couple of strawberries, "jackpot!"

the two girls turned to see their friend holding up a huge watermelon. they cheered, using calis pocketknife to cut it into two halves. kiara and cali sat on the bench picking out bits of the fruit with their hands while sarah sat on the floor with her part.

"okay, so you really got married?" kiara asked sarah as they ate.

"it wasn't exactly legal, but...yeah." sarah grinned up at the two other girls.

"am i crazy, or is there definitely something going on between you and pope?" sarah raised an eyebrow at kie.

"maybe." kiara shrugged

"that's not a no." sarah shook her head.

"it's not a no." kiara repeated, slipping another piece of watermelon into her mouth cheekily. sarah and cali widened their eyes at each other

"girl..." sarah exaggerated, sending the three girls into giggles. "what about you cali?"

"what?" cali looked at the girl puzzlingly "nothing going on in my life. like nothing new. just nothing. why?"

the girl said quickly. it's been over forty eight hours since she found out that her dad wasn't actually her father, and she still hadn't been able to talk to jj yet. it was safe to say she was slightly panicking.

she looked straight ahead, ignoring the confused gaze from the others two girls either side of her.

"girl..." sarah dragged out again, sending the three girls into fits of laughter.

꧁❦꧂

"so uh, what's up with this kiara stuff there, big guy?" john b asked pope back on the boat as they waited for the girl's return.

pope sighed, "honestly, i don't know right now man. i mean, i definitely like her."

"sure." john b nodded.

"and...i'm pretty sure she likes me."

"seems like it."

"right now, there's a lot of conflicting information going on. like, i'm trying to gather all the data and put it into a folder in my mind-"

"folder?"

"it's just so complicated. and then there's cali-"