14. Delicate dancers

"Lets hear the rest of this story, shall we?"

Shifted , shallow and schematic - the room fell in an ocean of uneasiness, where the slated eyed man stood within the waters, crashing against torturing truths that the waves have shown him. (Y/N) stared as she awaited an answer. Answers for everything that she had been patiently waiting for.

How could the people she found a home in, where she felt safe, become a home filled with hollowness.

Levi had to face the waters, even if it meant for him to drown in consequences.

"(Y/N) look, I'm sorry-"

"I'm not here for an apology Levi. I'm here for an explanation!" (Y/N) demanded. Her warm (e/c) eyes became cold, not the ones that the solider was so memorised by. It was consumed by pain.

Pain that Levi had caused to corrupt.

He didn't know what to say - I mean how could you explain something so twisted? He broke the trust of the one he loves so dearly. Levi took a breath, closing his slated eyes and gave a stern stare, willing to finally share the truth.

(Y/N) deserved it after all.

"You see, this plan that we had... we wanted to get rid of the titans, but as much as we slain them, they never stop coming. Now we didn't know what to do, until..."

"Until what Levi?" (Y/N) questioned, raising a brow as she scoffs.

"Urg...until we found this place. It was our ideal place. A world so perfect compared to ours." Levi sprouted, gritting his words against his teeth, seeping with regret as he spoke. (Y/N) however, all she gave was a disgusted look, raising a brow as she coughed a pitiful laugh out.

"So what? You found this place and thought: 'oh wow this place is so perfect that we should chuck all the titans here,' and basically fend for ourselves whilst you guys get to live happily ever after in your world that was already doom to fall?!" She shouted, watching the two leaders of the survey corps lower the gaze in embarrassment, crossing her arms and turned to face the door to her room.

"Why did you have to lie to me about it Levi? Were you honestly going to throw everything we built together away just like that?"

"(Y/N) of course I wouldn't... you know how much I dreamed of having a love like this, yet everyone died around me - people I loved! I thought it was impossible to have love, happiness, the fear of dying to go away and the pressure! So yes - to have freedom, I would of sacrificed this world for myself, for my people..."

The solider sternly admitted. Of course - who wouldn't want peace for themselves? From where the cadets were from, it was suicide living in the condition they were in. Watching people die every second to monsters sucking their humanity away every breathing second, stealing every breath. Yet for (Y/N), she was dancing in delicacies, living life free without thinking about if she was going to survive or not. People in her world had the taste of freedom.

"So captain Levi, I know you were trying to save our world, but (Y/N) is our friend! You're partner... were you really going to leave her here to die?!" Eren bellowed, fixating everyones stares onto him. He had a point - was Levi going to leave the one he claims to love to die?

"Yeah." A coldness was strained into the room, freezing (Y/N) in the spot. Her eyes widened, glaring her gaze onto the floor, not daring to look up.

"What?..."

"We were going to leave you here. You're from a completely different story and we can't risk to bring you with us, just so the titans can follow us back, bringing us back to phase one."