8. Lacerated Laughter

She couldn't believe it... "Is that true?..."

Envious and delicate - The shallow moon swam amongst the pitch as the dourness caved into the room - covering the midnight, possessing an alluring aura but glistened by the rays of the stars, allowing a glimpse of light to oppose its nightmare:

"Hange I don't think this is right."

Levi retorted, irritated by Hange as he made his way to sip his black tea to calm his mind from the dimness around the pair. The brunette in pigtails was staring at him intensely, staring him down as she made her to him- gleaming with a rotten dare in her eyes.

"Are you stupid?! We need you Levi. You're humanities strongest!"

Hange professed callously, mimicking her comrades stoic  behaviour - abnormal to her own bubbly persona. The raven brushed past the brunette roughly, ignoring her commands thrown at him aimlessly - faced back to back from her, still with the cup of tea mirroring the midnight's orbs rippling against the pond of divine taste - well according to the captain at least.

"Listen to me," provoked, Hange spun her friend around, managing to knock him back into reality.

"Look shitty glasses, i'm not in the mood for your bullshit."

"Levi! You're only acting like that because of that stupid-"

Immediately with his empty hand, Levi clenched onto Hange's beige jacket, creating creases as his anger begun to fuel his strength towards his fist - enraged as her wings begun to twist.

"(Y/n) is everything to me, Hange. I wasn't there for her when she needed me most. I was fucking gone for months-"

...clink...

Hange and Levi repel from one another - surprised in shock of the delicate tea cup smashing onto the ground as its heat spilled amongst the cold, callous floor - emerging within the coldness of the air below; He was frustrated from the mess below the pair, angered by the spillage of his tea creating a mess for him to clean.

"Tch, now I have to clean that up. I didn't even finish it." Levi riled up, distress from the accident as it only left a bubble bursting into giggles.

"Pfffft. Clean freak." Hange pointed at him, hysterically laughing as Levi just stood his stoic stare at her once again, which caught her to regain consciousness mentally...

"Look shorty... i'm sorry but (Y/N) cannot find out about...."

.....

Horrified and confused - the (h/c) foreigner swarmed her way through the cold corridors, jumbled in tears as they drenched her puffed, tinted cheeks - horrified from what she just heard. Their masked words which caused her to run frantically, only relying on her feet to take her somewhere or to someone.

'This can't be true, Chris has to be wrong! I... I must of heard Hange wrong... Levi wouldn't lie to me and watch me suffer! We love each other to much...

Her love's soulless dove orbs held a strong but broken story but they carried love within them... or did they?

'I love him! It can't be true...'

Her petite thoughts grew formidably into a gruesome monster feeding her anxiety - (Y/N) instantly crashed onto the ground, sobbing as she fell exhausted from her mind and their lies. She felt a sharp tear slice open within the core of her heart - a knife absorbed with disarray haunting her.

"W- what he said can't be true..."

"...(Y/N)?"

Hearing her own name from a familiar voice calmed her sorrow, able for her unstable breaths to be taken into control as their lullaby soothed her tears from flooding.