Twitter

Originally Posted: 01/20/2022

"Why is it that every time something happens- it's the three of you?" Tony pointedly asks Bucky, Sam, and you. You knew this wasn't going to be good when Tony rounded up everyone for an urgent, impromptu meeting. Now, you were all sitting around the conference room with a very annoyed Tony Stark standing at the end ready to lecture you all.

"You know I ask myself the same thing every single day," Bucky sarcastically quips.

"I honestly don't even know how I got dragged into this," Sam playfully huffs.

"You're the cause of this!" Bucky shouts.

"Okay," Tony sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Can someone please explain to me how this happened?"

"Um..I guess it started when Peter signed me up for Twitter and Instagram?" you reply.

"And why did he do that?" Tony says, looking pointedly at Peter.

"Come on, even Steve has a Twitter! Plus she's already got like a million followers!" Peter remarked.

"I have a question: how did you get verified before I did?" Thor asks.

You simply shrug. "I don't know- Peter set everything up. All I did was post a couple of pictures and fill in my bio."

Tony holds up his phone. "Yeah, let's take a look at that: Darling, I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream."

"You can't go wrong with Taylor Swift," you and Peter simultaneously reply.

"You know, this really is Sam's fault. She posted an innocent picture, Sam's the one that took those screenshots," Bucky interjects, pointing at Sam in accusation.

"And what screenshots might those be?" Tony exhales in annoyance.

"Well, you shouldn't have liked her picture so quickly! Literal seconds after she posted. And then you followed her back instantly, you made it too easy," Sam retorts, still laughing at the amount of chaos he stirred up with a few posts. "Plus her caption was 'sometimes all I think about is you' and then she tagged you!"

"Peter said I should give photo credits," you innocently explain. "James took the picture, so I tagged him. Then Sam commented, 'My OTP', with a heart. And I don't really know what that means, but then he tweeted, "'Grumpy x Sunshine ship confirmed?' with those screenshots. And then Wanda replied, 'Sam running their ship account confirmed?'"

"It's not my fault that he forgot to switch accounts," Wanda snickers.

"And then Steve replied, 'Sam explained what ship means- I ship it.'"

"Steve?" Tony prompts.

"What? I'm trying to appeal to a younger demographic," Steve scoffs, then mumbles, "And I do ship it... Besides, Nat's the one that replied to all of them, accusing me of helping Sam run that account- which I do not."

"Okay, all that's great," Tony interjects, rolling his eyes. "But that doesn't seem like something that would trend worldwide for 24 hours!"

"Just wait, it gets better!" Sam laughs.

"Of course it does," Tony sighs.

"In my defense...I didn't think you could zoom in on Instagram and- Peter and Steve approved it!" you exclaim, throwing Peter and Steve under the bus.

"You can zoom in?!" Steve asks, looking around the room to see scattered nods. "Ohhh...now this all makes sense. I wouldn't have approved it if I knew that."

"What was wrong with the second picture?" Tony grumbles, now rubbing his temples.

"Apparently you can see James sitting in my bed, taking the picture through the mirror," you meekly explain.

"Okay?" Tony exhales.

"Hold on, it gets worse," Sam continues, still laughing.

"You know the wall of Polaroids in my room?" You meekly ask. "Well the picture was me standing in front of it."

"People wouldn't have even payed any attention if Sam hadn't posted a screenshot of the picture zoomed in- I mean at that point just go take a picture of the wall and post that, Sam!" Bucky ranted.

"Can I?" Sam asks, his voice filled with excitement.

"No!" Bucky shouts.

"You know, what you're all about to be banned from social media," Tony threatens.

"Who even calls it social media?" Sam teases. "You sound like an old man."

"An old man that has been watching people lose their minds over 2 pictures! And let's not even start on the fact that you're running an account of a relationship that you have nothing to do with."

"I beg to differ- I'm the reason they're together. And I don't run that account," Sam replies, crossing his arms defensively.

"You're telling me, that if I go and check the IP address that the account is run from, it won't be from your phone?" Tony accusingly asks.

"Well, maybe I got hacked," Sam offers.

"So you do run the account!" Wanda exclaims. "I knew it- tomorrow, post that picture of the two of them cuddling on the couch."

"That's it- I give up," Tony mumbles, walking away from the conference table in defeat.