Game Night

Originally Posted: 05/25/2022

"Can we please play a different game? Something we're all good at?" Sam whines for the dozenth time.

Peter gets momentarily distracted by Sam's poorly timed complaint, putting his foot on the space where you hand occupied.

"Ow." You instinctively flinch back, your elbow pushing in Nat's knee.

No one is able to catch themselves and like the domino effect, the intricate tangle of limbs all come crashing down.

"Thanks a lot, Sam," Wanda sarcastically quips, picking herself up off of Peter.

"You four are the only ones playing. The rest of us are just sitting here," Sam says, gesturing to the men sitting around him.

"Aww..." Nat mockingly coos, holding her hand out to help you stand up off the mat. "Are the middle aged men not good at Twister?"

"I am not middle aged!" Sam seethes, crossing his arms as he sits further back into the couch.

Nat condescendingly pats his shoulder. "If your joints click when you try to reach for a different color, you're middle aged."

Sam huffs, but doesn't offer another rebuttal, instead turning to the room, asking, "Doesn't anyone want to play anything else?"

"I'm good right here," Bucky says, sitting on the couch content to be a spectator to you playing Twister. "Don't mind one bit."

"Because you've been staring at your girlfriend's ass for the last hour!" Sam accuses. "What about the rest of us? The ones without pretty people to stare at?"

You playfully roll your eyes, sitting on the arm rest next to Bucky only to have him pull you down in his lap. Bucky shrugs, barely even paying attention to Sam anymore, "Sucks to be you."

"Maybe instead of your morning runs, you try some yoga once in a while?" Wanda teases, folding up the Twister mat. "Maybe your joints would stop clicking."

"Leave me and my joints alone," Sam grumbles, absentmindedly rubbing his shoulder.

"You should try it, it's really fun," Peter interjects.

"Peter does yoga with you and Wanda?" Bucky asks you, a conflicted expression on his face.

"Sometimes," you shrug, turning back to the room before Bucky can say anything else, "We could play Uno?"

"No!' Tony firmly objects. "The last time we played Uno, I had to buy a new table."

"Well, maybe Sam'll think before plus-fouring me four times in a row," Bucky fumes.

"Or maybe you should stop being a sore loser?"

"Or stop being a cheater!" Bucky accuses.

"How about Monopoly?" Steve quickly suggests before Sam and Bucky get into another heated argument about the last game night.

The epic fights and meltdowns during the last game night really shouldn't have been all that surprising considering the room was filled with a bunch of superheroes all with egos as incredible as their abilities. You weren't really sure who talked Tony into having another game night or how exactly they talked him into it, but here you all were.

"Sure, the financial crime game!" Tony sarcastically remarks, standing up off the couch. "They should make more of them, the Ponzi Scheme board game sounds like it'd be a hit!"

"Great, it's decided then!" you exclaim, standing up to retrieve the game.

"Sarcasm, pinkie pie," Tony sighs. "That was sarcasm."