Bleeding Time

Anonymous request from Tumblr: "I'm so in love with your stories, especially the Grumpy Sunshine Series got me🤩 so I got a request for it, hope like it.

Could you write a sick Sunshine fic, with Bucky being his grumpy self :D after a mission went not as good as planed, leaving Sunshine being thrown into a nearly frozen lake, they are now back at home. Bucky is pissed making Sunshine responsible for the difficulties they had at the mission, when in fact he's only pissed that got thrown into thr cold lake being hurt. Sunshine is slowly feeling ill, getting worse with the hours. Deathly pale with a raging fever she stumbles out of her bedroom searching for help in her semi conscious state...

She ends up having a severe pneumonia and Bucky and the guys worriedly taking care of her. Bucky regretting is cruel behavior towards to and not noticing you feeling this sick.

I really hope you like it, you wonderful writer"

If I had a nickel for every time that Sunshine gets hypothermia in this series, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it is strange that it happened twice. 

Still, holy shitake mushrooms, I love this. I love this so much. I'm very sorry that this took so long, but I wanted to get it right. I hope you love it and thank you so, so much for the request! 

(seriously guys, never stop sending me requests, they're so much fun)

----

Hours.

Minutes.

Seconds.

Bucky knew how important every one of them was.

Time was a commodity, the most valuable of resources. A luxury not offered to many.

It was so fleeting.

He knew that. He knew it well.

Bleeding time was the most fatal of injuries. Hemorrhaging seconds was lethal. Allowing minutes to slip through your fingers like the sands of time was deadly.

So there he stands, raking through his mind, trying to figure out how long he'd left you to bleed?

As he stands in a hospital room, listening to the doctor talk and overwhelm him with questions, he can't help but wonder how he squandered so much of that precious time.

"Mr. Barnes?"

"Yes," Bucky immediately responds, his eyes snapping back to the doctor. "Yes, I was with her the whole day. I can tell you what happened."

"The more we know, the better we can determine what course of action to take."

"Of course," Bucky agrees, a hollow look on his face as he stands at the foot of your hospital bed. "I remember every minute of it."

He remembers every hour, every minute, every second of it.

And he remembers wasting every single one of them.

--

The first minute was probably the most terrifying minute of his life. He'd faced life and death before, but this wasn't his life hanging in the balance.

It was yours.

"I regret everything!" you shout, holding onto the landing bar of the helicopter for dear life. "I regret it all!"

"Tell me you are not on that helicopter!" Bucky demands, hearing the commotion from your unmuted comms.

"Joke's on you, I'm not on the helicopter!" you triumphantly exclaim, dangling from the landing bar hundreds of feet in the air.