𝟎𝟐

𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑; 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘
𝐋𝐎𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒

𝟕 : 𝟑 𝟔 𝐏 𝐌

𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲 — 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗲𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘄. he asked to be alone and yet he got what he had wished for. Matt hadn't tried to contact her since the day she walked away. he didn't want his stuff back, he didn't want to burden the girl further — she must have thought the same, as she never reached out to him. he found himself in the same place often — scrolling on her instagram page. she never deleted the photos of the two — neither did Matt, deleting the photos wouldn't do justice. it couldn't erase anything, only bringing shame to face the truth.

perched in the same corner of his couch with his brothers on either side of him, Matt continued to scroll through her page, smiles, filters, and her face reflected off his own and his eyes had adjusted to the light. Nick peered over his shoulder and his heart filled with sympathy for his brother. he knew the regret he had felt, hell they all experienced it with him after all the late night sobs and cries coming from his room. as much as they loved their brother, they would never understand what he was going through.

Matt scrolled until he saw a picture of them. 2 days before she left. they had looked so happy together and he let the worst take away the best away of him. he smiled before it happened.

"no — no please no!" panic rushed over matts face and his brothers rushed beside him fearing he was hurt. he threw his phone on the spare cushion beside him, before Chris picked it up and did his best to mask his chuckle. "Chris knock it off, what happened?" Nick said, Chris turned the screen over to Nick and his eyes widen at the sight. laughter broke out between the two boys as Matt looked at the both of them with shame and anger. "you stalked her so much you LIKED HER PHOTO THAT'S 18 WEEKS OLD?" Nick could barely speak through his laughter, and Chris was speechless—trying to catch his breath desperately. "guys this isn't fucking funny, she will think i'm a fucking creep." matt laid his face in-between in his hands—shaking it lightly. "she won't think that, she will know it now." Chris could barely form words as matts phone danced in nicks hand as rolled around.

after the laughter had settled, he noticed nick had stopped suddenly—being the loudest, he figured he'd go on for the rest of the night, yet he saw nicks expression, he was appalled.

@ y / n liked your post !

Matt had never got somewhere quicker— teleportation. as if he stole nicks dreams of becoming a superhero with magical powers but with a pejorative—anxiety fueled him instead of heroic dialogue. never had his fingers trembled so much as he scrolled to find the notification on his activity list. he clicked on the notification and sat there as it loaded.

he was met with a picture of himself he had posted 4 months ago, the day she left