𝟎𝟓

𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓; 𝟏 : 𝟏 𝟐   𝐀  𝐌

"𝗶𝗳 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗶𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗿" was all that matt could think as he glanced down to see the girl he loved on his shoulder. the car video progressed, although it was gut-wenching for matt to watch, he wouldn't trade this moment for anything. they both shared little comments back and forth, and y / n would weigh in her opinion as well when a new topic would be mentioned. she took his side for the most. Matt felt some sort of butterflies to see the way she would defend his case — it may just be her personal preference, or did she still feel something towards him. the video was coming to an end and Matt screaming into the camera, blared through her apartment making y / n jump out of her place — sitting up glaring at matt "there is no need for that, I forgot thats how you guys end your videos." Matt started to laugh when he noticed how startled she was.

they both stood up picking up their trash, y / n began to head toward the kitchen and throw hers away and Matt wasn't far behind her. she opened the fridge and grabbed another drink and shouted Matts name asking if he had wanted another, not knowing Matt was only a few feet behind her. she turned to face Matt and slightly jumped, she slipped due to the fact she was wearing socks on the tile floor — Matt quickly grabbed her waist, pulling her toward himself to not let her fall. their eyes met and y / n spoke, "scare me one more time tonight, and I might have to box you." Matt let a mumbled chuckle emit past his lips — then gazing at hers.

"what are you looking at creep." y / n asked tilting her head at a slight angle, somewhat amused knowing what his answer would be.

Matt was admiring how naturally riveting she could be in any attire. oversized sweatshirt, natural face, messy hair. it made Matt absorb everything he was seeing — never wanting to leave.
"you, unfortunately." he spoke masking his intrusive thoughts watching a wave of shock come over her — surprised to hear his answer trying not to laugh as she then failed to do so. "oh my apologies for such an inconvenience, you know with the power of optical freedom, you can look elsewhere, creep"

"thats also unfortunate." he took a sudden peer toward his hands, letting go of her waist to quickly fold his arms — falling back onto the counter, she stood in place letting her eyes drift toward Matt — perplexed by his choice of words. silence filled the room for a moment, and he found himself taking advantage of his optical freedom looking back her. she slowly started walking back toward Matt, "Matt I think I need to tell you something." his eyes squinted in her direction as his brows knitted together — her prompt words sparked something within him. even though he had no idea what she was about to say, the change in the twos demeanor was enough to cause him to stress.

she took a moment to gather the correct words to say, not wanting to waste the precious attention from Matt she so desperately has been missing — overthinking every last thought that had crossed y/ n mind, Matt yearned for her to tell him anything that beautiful mind would spare; anything to fill the quiet void between them.

y / n finally began to say something only to be interrupted by her phone ringing, "incoming call — Blake." rage — the only word that could describe what Matt had felt. he turned to her, perplexed, but saw her reaching for her phone beside him. she accepted the call and Matt grew annoyed. "how could a man i had never met cause me to feel such annoyance" he pondered to himself as he watched y / n position change slightly, slouching over her own figure as she held the phone to her ear — this time unlike the last, Matt could hear Blakes voice through the phone.