𝟎𝟖

𝗴𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘀𝘆 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 to meet hers and it took him a moment to conceptualize their current state — standing just four feet from one another. for four fucking months they had been keeping all of this from each other. they'd grown, suffered, and loved, but no one else made them grow, suffer, or love harder than they had for each other.

slowly, Matt moved toward her and before he knew it, his hands were reaching up to grab her face delicately — guiding her body closer to him. his thumbs ran along her cheekbones as her neck craned to adjust to Matts height, feeling the warmth of her skin blush underneath his touch, he stiffed a weak chuckle while gazing at her, in utter disbelief and emotional anguish.

"God, I really — "

she almost looked steadfast before she interrupted him. "no, Matt. you don't. you don't have to. it's okay, really. I just wanted —"

"shh, just shut the fuck up." his tone was playful as he exhaled a more lively laugh, gently moving a strand of her hair behind her ear. dried tears tightened around the skin around his eyes while they nearly danced along her ever-stunning features.

"I was saying, somehow, no matter how unfortunate you are to look at and no matter how invading you can be. i'm very glad I embarrassed the fuck out of myself, because I fell in love with you 2 years ago, no matter how many seconds, minutes, hours we spent apart, I never once fell out."

with the statement alone, y / n eyes were gleaming with a cocktail of emotions as her smile grew wide. she nearly leaned into his hands finding a sudden solace within each others space.

"really?"

they were already drifting into each other, and matt nodded slowly just inches — his smile unable to falter, he halted just centimeters from her lips, whispering warmly, "i'm glad i stalked you."  y / n rolled her eyes playfully, wasting no time closing the gap between them, their lips finally connecting after God knows how long. everything was natural. her lips — gravitational, the way he was drawn to them, he could settle there.

although reluctant, matt had backtracked just enough to break contact from her, both beaming at each other in disbelief for a moment. his bottom lip curled between his teeth and he gave into a smile, releasing his hands from y / n delicate features, wrapping his arms around her waist.

her delicate laugh faded into his chest as she snaked her arms around his waist; their frames pierced together so fittingly, as if the thread that hand been hanging freely, had been tied back to matts again.

"Blake is definitely going to kick my ass now."

the next night; 11:34 pm

Sturniolos Apartment

her eyes were like fire.

they weren't red or anything, not particularly warm, either. they didnt glow, or "appear to glow," whatever that means. but they had that same strange blend of familiar and miraculous — always nice to look at after a long day.

"you've got a staring problem."  y / n stated, grinning reassuringly toward matt in their reflection just a few feet away from them. her soft voice was acoustic as it bounced off the bedroom walls.

"you've got an ugly problem, I cant help but look — you poor thing."  y / n brows raised and  stared at him blankly, quickly forming into a smile, playfully shoving him in amusement. they stood in matts bedroom, standing in front of his mirror, Matt stood still, hearing y / n  giggles run through his ears as she ran her fingers through his hair. she would glance toward the mirror, locking eyes with Matt — already solely focused on her; admiring her. even after hours of their rekindling, the two of them acted as if four months never existed, they didn't care for it anymore, they had each other; it was more than enough. it was Friday now, and y / n was adamant on cleaning Matt up for the interview — one year apart; they planned to film tonight, "your hair is so long."