Eleven

Stepping into my room, I turn around and close the door before I get a good look at it. If somethings changed in here and I don't like it, I'll freak out and that's the last thing I need them to hear right now.

Taking a deep breath, I turn to face the room. The first thing I notice is the Polaroids of Lucy are gone from my walls. They've been replaced with Polaroids of myself with Mom and Dad.

That's okay, I guess. Shrugging it off, I look towards where my bed is, fully expecting there to be a crib. A small smile crosses my face when I see my normal bed, just with some sides put onto it so I don't roll out.

I know that was Dad's idea. He probably didn't want to change my room around too much. He knows how much I love this space.

There's a few other minor changes like plastic baby proofing over the wall sockets and my dresser has been bolted into the wall. Everything else is exactly the way it should be.

Kicking off my shoes, I hop onto my bed and grab my pink teddy bear that I've had since I was young. Mom bought him for me when I was in the hospital sick. He's the only toy I still have.

Cuddling him close to my chest, I rock him back and forth. My head turns fuzzy as I hold my bear. He's so soft and pretty.

Three knocks sound on my door before it's opened. The guys step through, Dad following closely behind them. I wave with excitement, holding up my bear to show them.

"I'm giving them a tour." Dad says as a way of explanation.

I don't care what they're doing. I'm just excited that I have some friends to play with. Standing up, I bounce on my bed with a giggle.

"Hey, little lady. What are you doing?" Lyle asks, raising his eyebrow.

It makes me want to poke the hair. I wonder if it would be prickly underneath my finger. They look like two little caterpillars above his eyes.

"I'm bouncin'." I tell them, my voice sugar sweet.

Otto step forward with a curious look on his face, he gently grabs me from the bed, popping me on his hip.

"How old are you, sweet baby?" He asks while tickling my belly.

I think really, really hard about how old I am. Holding up three fingers, I shove them in Otto's face so he can see them.

"You're three? Wow, you're a big girl." Ethan comments.

He's so tall. Like the giant from Jack and the Beanstalk, or the green man on the can of those yucky green beans Mama makes me eat. Just thinking about it makes me wrinkle my nose in disgust.

"Mhm. I's a big girl." I agree, wiggling to be put down.

Otto sets me down on the floor and I trot towards the door to my bedroom. Henry is standing there with his shoulder leaning against the wall. There's a little smile on his face as he looks down at me.

"Hello, butterfly. Do you want to go play?" He crouches down in front of me, pushing my messy hair back from my face.

Pouting, I nod and say, "I wanna play, but I don't got any toys."

Henry pokes my bottom lip that's sticking out and lifts me, carrying me down the stairs. I giggle as we go, wondering where we're headed.

The front door is pulled open by Ethan who has the car keys in his hand. He pops the trunk as Henry steps out.

"It's a good thing we brought toys for you, baby girl. Lots and lots of toys. Pick whatever you want." Henry waves the hand that's not being used to hold me in the direction of the trunk.