Fifteen

Ayla

My head feels fuzzy all the way back home from the cafe. Upon pulling into the driveway, Henry unbuckles me from my carseat and sets me on his hip.

I lay my head on his shoulder and rub my forehead. My head is killing me. When we get inside, I'm going to lay on the couch and take a long nap.

"What's wrong, Ayla?" Otto questions. He must see the discomfort written on my face.

"My head hurts. I want to take a nap." I'm whining. I just can't seem to help it.

"Okay, baby girl. I'll get you a warm bottle and you can rest on the couch." Otto walks off before I can argue that I don't need a bottle.

A cuddle does sound nice right now, though. Plus, drinking out of a bottle isn't as horrible as I thought it would be. I hope they wrap me up in a blanket like they did before when I had my first bottle.

"Do you want to feed yourself or have one of us feed you?" Otto asks, coming back into the room with a large bottle in his hand.

He gives it a quick shake, then shakes a couple drops out on his wrist to test the temperature.

Shyly, I point towards Lyle. I find myself most comfortable with him. He's the chillest out of the guys and his aura is calming.

Never one to miss an opportunity to cuddle me, he scoops me up onto his lap and grabs the blanket Ethan offers him. It's my favorite living room blanket, pink in color and decorated with soft yellow stars.

The material is wrapped around my frame as I'm nestled into Lyle's lap, my head in the crook of his arm. He takes the bottle from Otto and rubs the fake silicone nipple over the seam of my lips.

I latch on hesitantly, sucking until I can taste the sweet milk on my tastebuds. The television is turned on in the background and set to a low volume while the guys get comfortable around me.

Even Mae finds herself a spot. She sits next to Lyle, rubbing my tummy while I drink. Her touch is comforting, making me melt further into the contours of Lyle's body. He's just so warm and cozy. I could sleep here forever.

"Take a nap, sweetheart. It's okay to relax." Lyle coos.

Closing my eyes, I grab the corner of my blanket and bring it up to my face, rubbing the material against my cheek for comfort.

"That's my sleepy girl. Take a rest, little lady. We'll all still be here when you wake up." Lyle starts to hum a soft lullaby and I find myself drifting off.

I dream of bright colors and fireflies. In the background, I can distantly hear the guys talking. Ignoring that, I focus on my dreamscape.

I'm chasing hundreds of fireflies, trying to catch them in my glass jar. Trees surround me as I sprint through the woods. It's beautiful here. Distantly, I recognize that this is a dream. That doesn't stop me from enjoying it to the fullest.

I'm just about to catch a couple more fireflies to fill my jar, when something being pulled from my mouth startles me from my sleep. Whining, I blink open my eyes.

Lyle stares down at me apologetically. He adjusts me in his arms so I'm straddling his legs with my chest pressed against his. He starts to rub my back while I lay my head on his shoulder.