Chapter 5

"Oh, hi Zuko what're you doing here?"

I looked at him curiously, I was alone in my room practicing water bending until I heard a knock at the door. It was Zuko, he was now standing in my doorway awkwardly. "I have nothing to do and you said you'd talk to me about your past." I sidestepped for him to come in and he did, my gaze followed him as he walked over to sit on a chair. "You're that interested huh?" I smiled slightly teasing him, he didn't seem to appreciate me poking fun so I quickly stopped.

I sat on my bed and faced him. I felt a little nervous talking to him about it all, I don't know how he would react and that makes me feel like I have a hole in my stomach. "Ok well uh, first off.. whatever is talked about stays strictly between us. You're forbidden from telling anyone, if you do I'll kick your ass." He rolled his eyes at me and lightly scoffed. "I've been keeping your secrets since we were little I can handle another." I cocked an eyebrow seeing if he was sure, once I noticed he was serious I told him everything.

Everything.

As I would tell him my life story I would analyze his face trying to read his expressions to know how he feels about what I say. He was quiet during the whole thing not interrupting me and storming off or turning me in which I appreciated. I just for the life of me couldn't figure out his facial expressions. They were so neutral with the slight look of 'that happened?' or 'I feel so sorry for you.'

I smiled awkwardly as I was messing with the hem of my clothing, something I picked up when I'm nervous. "You told uncle Iroh before me?" That was the first thing he said to me. I was expecting a more shocked and angry reaction with him turning me in to his father for being able to water bend but I'm presently surprised. "I'm sorry, I was just worried that you'd take it the wrong way." His expression softened as he still looked offended.

"I'm sorry my father did this to you."

I couldn't explain how shocked I was that he apologized and showed this much sympathy. Granted we've known each other for such a long time and he's always been so sweet to me but ever since his banishment he changed. It was like the old Zuko was slowly coming back to the surface. "Oh! Uhm.. you don't need to apologize, you had no part in it plus there's no need to apologize on his behalf." I awkwardly spoke out, I didn't know what to say.

"The avatar escaped!"

We heard the crewmen yelling as they ran all around alerting everyone on the ship. "What!?" Zuko yelled angrily as he abruptly stood up. He looked over at me as I stood up to help him, putting my conflicted feelings aside. "You stay here, you've been through enough stress." He rushed out my bedroom door followed by a door slam and the sounds of fire attacks. I slowly sat down on my bed feeling a little at ease knowing I didn't have to fight myself as I fought Aang.

Half an hour goes by and it's gone quiet. "I guess he escaped." I said to myself tired seeing as though it was 11:30 pm. "Sure did!" I heard an all too familiar voice cheer, I quickly sat up and turned my head towards the voice. I saw my small port hole had been opened and Aang was on the other side. "Why are you still here!? It's dangerous, leave!" I whisper yelled not wanting to get him caught.

"Are you a prisoner?" A girl pushed Aang out of the way so now she was on the other side of the port hole.

"Aang told us a lot about you but never mentioned you were cute!" A guy who looked a lot like the girl pushed his way into the port hole. Siblings.